4 replies to this topic

#1 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:56 PM

ight I finally got my clubman started...

It dies unless revs are high... idle speed is set as high as the screw allows, and the mixture should be okay since it's a weber carb and it used to run on another 1275 engine (albeit a tad on the rich side), and to adjust mixture, new jets are needed.

The inlet manifold has a servo takeoff that is now blocked using a correct size bolt, metal and rubber washers... I doubt that there's an air leak there.

There might be an airleak around the manifold gasket area but i can't confirm as i cant keep revs steady to attempt to spray wd or something else.

Basically if my foot is off the throttle, the car dies, if i push even slightly revs start rising A LOT... i can't really keep it just above idle, i have to pump the gas in an on/off fashion...

The car is currently running with no exhaust (to be fitted today), could this cause problems?

Thanks in advance (oh and i checked the firing sequence, car is firing on all 4 cylinders)

#2 1976 clubamn

1976 clubamn

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Local Club: None yet

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:01 PM

dp ypu have a fuel filter on the car? it way be blocked if you have. i had a similar problem with mine.

#3 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:47 PM

Nope, no fuel filter :\

#4 1976 clubamn

1976 clubamn

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Local Club: None yet

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

bloked air filter? fuel starvation?

#5 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:06 AM

Its because you have no exhaust on the car - there isnt any back preasure to keep the engine running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users