#1 olosteve

olosteve

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: N.M.O.C.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

If you get a quote from, Adrian Flux, they will pass this information on to other insurance companys even if all your details are not correct. My advice would be not to even get a quote from them. They do monitor this site as one of there reps has posted on here that if anyone had a problem they would look into it. I did respond direct to this post, guess what, complete zero. If you have any doubt about this companys failure to address problems then look on the previous posts.

#2 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Local Club: Stone mini club

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

They are excellent for me, cheapest by miles!

#3 ibrooks

ibrooks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Cheap doesn't mean good and in my experience Flux certainly ain't good (or trustworthy, or honest, or......).

Moggyton - Weren't you asked before if you worked for them? I seem to remember that every time someone reported some of their dodgy dealings and failures you popped up to say how wonderful they are. Did you ever answer?

#4 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

Cheap doesn't mean good and in my experience Flux certainly ain't good (or trustworthy, or honest, or......).

Moggyton - Weren't you asked before if you worked for them? I seem to remember that every time someone reported some of their dodgy dealings and failures you popped up to say how wonderful they are. Did you ever answer?

Yes i did, and no i dont work for them haha!

Also, i can only go off of my own experiences, in which case they are excellent.

Edited by Moggyton, 15 September 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#5 Gadgets

Gadgets

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

You pays your money and takes your chance.

With everything in life from a pair of shoes to tyres on your beloved Mini quality costs! Pay cheap = get cheap!

#6 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

You pays your money and takes your chance.

With everything in life from a pair of shoes to tyres on your beloved Mini quality costs! Pay cheap = get cheap!

Im sure people have had bad experiences with every insurance company at some point. Just because they are cheap doesnt necessarily mean they arent any good.

#7 kezzkitkat

kezzkitkat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yes ive learnt as im currently with Adrian flux and quite simply never again

#8 Montytom

Montytom

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

I've been with Adrian flux for about 4 years and they have been great with me.

I've never had to make a claim so cannot say if they are any good on that side of things.

They always do me a good deal and have in the past helped me when I couldn't pay an instalment by moving it to the next month.

I don't work for them just so you know I work for Tesco.

Also I'm not brand loyal if they give me a rubbish price ill be off elsewhere

#9 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

I am with them and have never had problems, but you tend only to find out if they are any good when you do have problems I suppose.

#10 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

Took me two months sort out my policy after no less than 9 calls 'its all in hand and will be sorted within 24hrs' meant nothing.  Going to be phoning up to go to laid up cover anyway and cancel my policy at renewal.  Useless!

#11 Bubblebobble

Bubblebobble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

Ive been with them for 9 years . Easy to deal with [ i say that i never had to claim ] . A few years back they went through a phase of taking the piss with renewal [ unfortunately we have had to put up the price , out of our hands etc ]  , so i had to do some phoning around to get a quote to compare to get the price down .

Im happy enough , ive been messed around in the past something chronic   cough cough A plan cough.

#12 Raggedroy

Raggedroy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

I insured with them a good few years ago, they took the money for an agreed value policy for two years. It turned out that my mini was never covered on the agreed value. They then asked me to provide a valuation which I produced from Lancaster. This apparently wasn't acceptable, I was so frustrated I cut my losses and insured with Lancaster. Its a good job I never needed a claim.

#13 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

I insured with them a good few years ago, they took the money for an agreed value policy for two years. It turned out that my mini was never covered on the agreed value. They then asked me to provide a valuation which I produced from Lancaster. This apparently wasn't acceptable, I was so frustrated I cut my losses and insured with Lancaster. Its a good job I never needed a claim.

HMMMMMMMM...... 1st post, are you affiliated in any way to Lancaster? :D

#14 kezzkitkat

kezzkitkat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

Its a mixed review there's always going to be positive and negative remarks against any company

#15 Raggedroy

Raggedroy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

HMMMMMMMM...... 1st post, are you affiliated in any way to Lancaster? :D

Second post! I have just joined and introduced myself. To be honest only one person welcomed me to the site and with comments like yours I now remember why I separated myself from the scene years ago. What sort of comments do you expect in a post titled "Adrian Flux, "the Worst Broker In The World, 2"? :mmkay:

Edited by Raggedroy, 21 October 2014 - 06:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users