9 replies to this topic

#1 Twisty

Twisty

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:48 PM

Hi all its been a while since my last post but i have got busy with the mini again and need some pics or any info on repairing the boot floor with a repair panel.

My mini was until the bad stuff was cut out rotten along the boot floor edge near the hinge panel, and around the rear subby mounting points. (which i have left in place at the moment as reference points). and i need some help as to what order to attack this.

Also i have purchased the rear valance and closing panels, but not yet purchased the part that is welded to the rear wheel arch, is there any other parts i need to add to my list to finish off the boot floor.

If you have pics of the process or can link me to a thread detailing this it will be very much appreciated.

I just want to make sure everything lines up just right and i have all the parts ready to go.

thanks all

steve

#2 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

http://www.theminifo...oper-rsp/page-8

Here is mine

#3 Twisty

Twisty

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

thanks for that i shall take a look now.

#4 JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  • Local Club: Exmoor Minis

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hi all its been a while since my last post but i have got busy with the mini again and need some pics or any info on repairing the boot floor with a repair panel.

My mini was until the bad stuff was cut out rotten along the boot floor edge near the hinge panel, and around the rear subby mounting points. (which i have left in place at the moment as reference points). and i need some help as to what order to attack this.

Also i have purchased the rear valance and closing panels, but not yet purchased the part that is welded to the rear wheel arch, is there any other parts i need to add to my list to finish off the boot floor.

If you have pics of the process or can link me to a thread detailing this it will be very much appreciated.

I just want to make sure everything lines up just right and i have all the parts ready to go.

thanks all

steve

Take a look at my project build, earlier on in the build (about two years ago) I did the rear section of the Boot Floor and did the Boot Hinge Panel but in three parts (would recommend using a single piece). Just recently I did the Rear Arch to Boot Floor Re-inforcment panels and I am about to do the Rear Valance and Closing Panels. 

#5 acky

acky

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

Hi johnny ( sorry twisty, he just brought a point up relating to my car)
I was going to do the boot hinge panel, can you do the full width with 3 panels ( did you use the mini mc ones?)
only reason is cost, as the full width one is about 160 quid, seems expensive whenyou can buyhalf the rear for about 180 And 3 panels cost about 60 bucks

#6 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

Hi johnny ( sorry twisty, he just brought a point up relating to my car)
I was going to do the boot hinge panel, can you do the full width with 3 panels ( did you use the mini mc ones?)
only reason is cost, as the full width one is about 160 quid, seems expensive whenyou can buyhalf the rear for about 180 And 3 panels cost about 60 bucks

Yes you can do the full width with three panels but the fit and finish of the one piece Heritage one is far superior. 

IMG_2187_zpsdc06eed9.jpg

IMG_2188_zpsef7d09e3.jpg

#7 acky

acky

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Wel I would nt complaint if it looked like that ;)
The cost of the one panel is very expensive, but im now guessing thats one panel ??

#8 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

Wel I would nt complaint if it looked like that ;)
The cost of the one panel is very expensive, but im now guessing thats one panel ??

Yes it's one panel. Yes it's not cheap but it does fit quite well and not need a huge amount of work to get the desired finish.

#9 Twisty

Twisty

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hi guys is it possible to chop this panel from another mini and weld that in? can you see there being any issues with this? as i also need to repair the boot hinge panel the boot floor and also do some repair work on the rear arches to the rear of the car.

what order would you do this in?

Im thinking.

1) boot hinge repair panel 

2) boot floor repair panel

3) repair to arches.

thanks all for your help so far.

#10 MrIan

MrIan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

All depends on the condition of panels when you start. I'm doing boot floor sides to keep arches in correct place, then arches, then rear of boot floor to fit in relation to original boot hinge panel then hinge panel last. Don't take that as the correct but that's the way I need to do it on mine due to condition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users