• PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

The parts for a mk3 on saloon are:

LH Heritage Panel

http://www.7ent.com/...er-14a9535.html

RH Heritage Panel

http://www.7ent.com/...er-14a9534.html

Couldn't find if they did patterned parts. Hope this helps.

Ger

Ok Cool. Is there any other parts that usually need to be changed also while i have it apart? i know the floorboard itself is in good condition.

#137 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yes there are other parts needed but unfortunately that particular site does not sell them. If the inner sill is rotten then you will need a proper inner sill so one either supplied by Heritage or M Machine.

That site does repair inner sills that could be partially used at a pinch but they are not full length which you will more than likely need.

#138 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:04 PM

Inner sill

Inner Sill Panel, Full Length, LH (SBO0111)

$63

#139 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

IMG_4814_zpsfs9b8czi.jpg

This is what i meant Ben as like most of the damage caused by oversills extends into the floor pan

#140 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

How good are your fabrication skills and welding?? The inner sill posted by Ben will do the job but may need a strip adding the full length of the panel. If there is any pitting at all left it will rust so always wise to totally remove it by welding in fresh steel. Mini floor panels are 0.9mm thick or 20 SWG.

I do understand distance is an issue so you will have to rely on what can be sourced locally.

Something else you may well need are these

SBO0662 SBO0663

These are the jacking points and they also tie in the outer sill to the the inner sill and crossmember end. I have in the past deleted these but in hindsight worth keeping.

IMG_4648_zpsag1vjhqj.jpg

#141 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

This is what i meant Ben as like most of the damage caused by oversills extends into the floor pan

Sorry Neil. Crossed wires there.

When you said they didn't do a full length panel, i thought you meant that it didn't go the full length of the car.

#142 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

Sorry Neil. Crossed wires there.

When you said they didn't do a full length panel, i thought you meant that it didn't go the full length of the car.

I think a bit of both Ben. I was on my Ipad and the function on that is a bit crap for looking through (plus its really slow at the moment). I should have waited until on was on my desk top. There is a good range of panels there but we are spoilt for choice back in blighty and you cannot beat the M Machine inner sills for oversill damage repair in my eyes.

#143 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

you cannot beat the M Machine inner sills for oversill damage repair in my eyes.

I agree there.

I have used them twice now and the fit is great.

Plus the flutes and pressings are spot on

#144 RHDmini74

RHDmini74

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

So I'll need to get this http://www.7ent.com/...rh-sbo0110.html
And this http://www.7ent.com/...t-14a9534e.html For the right side and also the same for the left side? Along with the jacking point? Or are those sills the same? I kind of confused haha

#145 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:30 PM

And this http://www.7ent.com/...t-14a9534e.html For the right side and also the same for the left side? Along with the jacking point? Or are those sills the same? I kind of confused haha

Right the SBO0110 is the complete inner sill and yes you will need both sides.

This is the outer sill 14A9534E, it is a pattern part whereas the 14A9534 is a Heritage (genuine item) the same applies to the 14A9535.

So it depends on your budget. i would rather spend the money and buy Heritage as these are generally a better fit. 

#146 RHDmini74

RHDmini74

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

Right the SBO0110 is the complete inner sill and yes you will need both sides.

This is the outer sill 14A9534E, it is a pattern part whereas the 14A9534 is a Heritage (genuine item) the same applies to the 14A9535.

So it depends on your budget. i would rather spend the money and buy Heritage as these are generally a better fit.   

Ok thanks. I'll buy heritage too. I'd rather spend the money and get a better fitting piece. Hopefully sometime this summer I'll have time to do it!

#147 steeley

steeley

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

Here's my remains72CD56D5-3133-4965-9698-42E9CFBA9C14.jpg
Shame really as if it had been done properly there wouldn't have been much (if any) inner sill work required

Who welded that ? ,steve wonder !

#148 tiger99

tiger99

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

Oh dear! Minis in that state used to be scrapped, but nowadays they are well worth saving. It looks truly horrid, and should have been avoided. At least it will not happen again on your car, or those of many others who are reading this thread.

#149 Simples

Simples

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:57 PM

Here's my remains72CD56D5-3133-4965-9698-42E9CFBA9C14.jpg
Shame really as if it had been done properly there wouldn't have been much (if any) inner sill work required

Who welded that ? ,steve wonder !

There's worse than that on the car 😳

#150 elliot341

elliot341

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

Has anyone ever taken oversills off to find that the previous owner looks to have added a complete extra inner sill over the existing inner sill? Please see the photo below, ive taken the oversill off and i only have a very small gap between the outside edge of the doorstep and the "inner sill". Im not able to see underneath the door step or any jacking points/slinging points. Hope the photo below helps with understanding!

Attached File  oversills.jpg   41.34K   92 downloads

Sorry for small pic, Ive tried to link to photobucket but it keeps saying I cant link to img files (that file extension is not supported on this website etc)

Edited by elliot341, 04 January 2016 - 10:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users