Photo

Hi Guys An Gals, Just Got A 1990 Mini In Need Of Some Work!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 zeemax89

zeemax89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Good morning fellow Mini lovers.  I am please to say I have just gotten my grubby hands on a damaged 1990 mini mayfair in BRG with white roof and cooper bonet stripes.  It also has Hilos fitted to the front and a stainless steel center exhaust.  Apart from that I think it is pretty stock.

Now, the damage.  It looks to have struck a kerb on the OSF.  The A-panel seen has popped at the top where it meets the wing.  And at first glance has a bent track rod.  The rest of the car seems very solid with no visible rust on the sills or floor.  The only rust bubbles I have seen so far are under the rear screen rubber.  

Cant wait for 5pm so I can get it on some axle stands and crawl over it properly.  Probably the best £300 i have ever spent.

My Mini history includes my first car that was a Y reg brown mini what was like driving the Flintstones car and then a C reg Orange mini.  I built my own 138 turbo engine.  that was a fun car and I wish I never sold it.

Attached Files

#2 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Local Club: essex mini club

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Good luck with the repairs Mate :)

And £300?!?!

#3 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

Looks.like a very good buy. Check the toe board where the subframe mounts for damage.

#4 zeemax89

zeemax89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

And £300?!?!

thanks for looking, yes £300, plus 50 for recovery!

#5 zeemax89

zeemax89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Looks.like a very good buy. Check the toe board where the subframe mounts for damage.

Thanks Carlos,  I have had a quick look at the toe board, they look flat and straight still, However there is a messy repair on the drivers side subframe mount.  Might be easiest to repair that while subframe is dropped to replace the rack  

#6 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

And £300?!?!

Very very good buy! as long as the subframe hasn't been affected, it should all be plain sailing!

#7 zeemax89

zeemax89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

And £300?!?!

Very very good buy! as long as the subframe hasn't been affected, it should all be plain sailing!

Agreed, But if the subframe is affected, I will just replace it!

#8 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

And £300?!?!

Agreed, But if the subframe is affected, I will just replace it!

Yeah that's true! Got a proper bargain there mate! whats the rest off the car like ( interior, mechanically ) ?:)

#9 zeemax89

zeemax89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

The interior need a freshen up, mechanically all seems good.  the last owner was a pilot and she used to do flight checks on it weekley  lol.  It started first time with u jump, no smoke no misfires,  not to bad for a year of being stationary!

#10 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

The interior need a freshen up, mechanically all seems good.  the last owner was a pilot and she used to do flight checks on it weekley  lol.  It started first time with u jump, no smoke no misfires,  not to bad for a year of being stationary!

that sounds excellent mate! Good luck with the repairs, I follow this :proud: are you going to update information into this thread or make a separate one etc?

#11 zeemax89

zeemax89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

that sounds excellent mate! Good luck with the repairs, I follow this :proud: are you going to update information into this thread or make a separate one etc?

I will probably start a new thread, and maybe post on my other cars site.. I bought her on ebay as light restoration needed  LOL   www.mygt6.com is the site I made to follow progress.

I know it's not a mini,  just my last project car that was MOTed last weekend!

Attached Files

#12 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

I will probably start a new thread, and maybe post on my other cars site.. I bought her on ebay as light restoration needed  LOL   www.mygt6.com is the site I made to follow progress.

I know it's not a mini,  just my last project car that was MOTed last weekend!

amazing! done a Really good job i cant nock it one bit! just forwarded the link to my Father, he will love that!

If you make a new thread off the mini or anything PM the link :P!

good luck with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users