2 replies to this topic

#1 brownspeed

brownspeed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Having researched extensively I'm looking at fitting the A-series central locking alarm system. before I take the plunge- does anybody have any experience with having one?

also- is it still possible to open the doors with the normal key/ lolly-stick with the locking system fitted? I'd really like to improve the security of it by fitting this.

thanks in advance

#2 Daniel_moody25

Daniel_moody25

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

I've had the system in my car now for nearly a year, I'm I really love it. Yes it is still possible to open the doors with the key or a spoon but the alarm will go off and the engine is imobilised

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

Don't try to set it up so the normal locks don't work, if you have a flat battery and no external locks you'll have to break into the car. Fit new lock barrels when you fit the central locking. As with most things on a Mini there is nothing wrong with the locks when they are in good condition, but when 20 years old and worn out they can be easily opened with just about anything. As most people only experience old and worn out Minis they get this kind of reputation. If you fit new ones at the same time as central locking then you won't really have to use them and they will stay in good order for a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users