Another Greeting From Canada!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PaulS

PaulS
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

Just posted on a similarly titled topic.... I'm currently living near Calgary and have decided to look into shipping over my parents 1985 Mini Ritz from France - they bought it when the moved there from the UK 10 years ago in an attempt to fly the flag for all things British.  They have now succumbed to more traditional French means of transport and drive a Peugeot 206, so the mini has sat idle for a couple of years.  Now the plan is to bring it to Canada and use it for some amateur rallying - once I've done some prep work to it of course!  

It's left hand drive, being French, which is part of the appeal of bringing it here, but also the fact that it is British, as I only moved here from the UK in 2012.

Before I get carried away looking at engine upgrades, sum guards, spotlights, fruity exhaust etc. I need to find the most cost effective way of getting it from Europe to Canada.  I think I might have to get it up to England, possibly Southampton or Liverpool for the best shipping prices.  If anyone has a company they can recommend for the roll-on roll-off method of shipping I'd appreciate it.  I've had quotes ranging from 1600-2500 pounds for container shipping, but as the paint and body are a little tired it really doesn't need to go in a container.

Cheers!

PS pic attached of me and the parents with the car in the South of France way back in 2004

Attached Files

#2 OntarioMini79

OntarioMini79

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hi! I just posted the "Greetings from Canada" before you. I just bought a 79 this summer. Its still in the garage as I straighten out a few more issues with the brakes.

I wish you the best of luck getting your Mini home and also the rallying afterwards. Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users