Photo

1976 1275 Gt Valuation (Tried To Include Lots Of Photos)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

Just the basics, I bought the Mini back in November 2013 off of a couple who owned four mini’s at the time. He had bought it off of a friend who had it off the road for around four years while he was getting round to restoring it. When he moved country it was bought by the couple who got it to roadworthy condition and then used it for the Cotswold mini run. They later sold it to help fund a mini van project which is when the car came to me. He had undertaken quite a lot of work on the car including fitting a new engine (1275 from a metro so it now has a pre-engaged starter and verto clutch), welding and spraying the car (DIY job which is showing wear) and from what I could tell a mix of mini parts which I guess he had lying around.

Work that's been done on it since I've got it is:

-          Engine service and timing at Orchard View Classics in Yalding (New brakes and pads fitted at the same time) – December 2013

-          Carb rebuild at Orchard View too – December 2013

-          New alternator, starter motor and coil (Wiring at Dave Patricks in Sittingbourne) – February 2014

-          Rostyle steels fitted with four new tyres in April 2014 (covering under 1,000 miles)

-          Four new rubber cones/Hi-lo’s fitted as well as tracking done at Orchard View Classics in Yalding – July 2014

-          New clutch arm and slave cylinder – August 2014

-          Silent coat under front carpet/three clock dash fitted – August 2014

-          New windscreen rubber and oil change – September 2014

Car always starts first time and engine has been kept ticking over nicely by Orchard View (would highly recommend if you are in the Kentish area).

Bad points are really is the paint job on the car is not perfect as this was done on a budget by the previous owner (tried to show in pictures), if I were to keep it I would definitely be thinking about a re-spray. I also had the bonnet fly up on a dual carriage way two days after buying the car, this left marks on the scuttle panel.

Included in the sale will also be the cover and two boxes of random spares.

Since being back on the road it has passed both MOTs with no advisories and has MOT until July 2015 and Tax until December 2014

I will admit I am unsure of selling as I always wanted a Clubman/GT when I was younger and my mum used to take me to shows (city owner as a daily driver for 10 years) however current situation and having to pay my college course fees means mini ownership is hard for me right now (also going to Uni next year and I know some do run Minis while studying but I'm aiming to go to UCL and car cost as well as London driving isn't top of my list). 

I was just wondering what to put it up for? Personally I've spent around £4,500 overall but I know it's not a numbers game and I will not get anywhere near that. Never should of added that up either... if anyone does have any car selling advice that'd be great, to be honest I've never sold a car before that's why I thought I'd post in valuations before putting it up for sale. Also if anyone could shed light on certain issues/points to address feel free any advice is welcome. I would love to see it go to someone on here and have a full respray and project thread, I wish I could but a student budget just doesn't allow it. 

Just to add I know there's quiet a few members on here from the Kentish area, if anyone would like to have a look at it I'm free most evenings. 

PassengerSide_zpsa64dbdcc.jpg

Front_zps08424e65.jpg

DriversSide_zps58fe7187.jpg

Rear_zpsc0ad1e7e.jpg

DoorCards_zps64779441.jpg

InteriorFront_zpsb60aaef3.jpg

Clocks_zps8684e0e0.jpg

RearInterior_zps3244b963.jpg

EngineBay_zps8672a6e5.jpg

Scuttle_zps9bd694a2.jpg

Scuttle2_zpsdbba099b.jpg

Scuttleside_zpsa3c5e48f.jpg

BootHandle_zps13fba559.jpg

Cover_zps603f07a4.jpg

Edited by Tom1275, 13 October 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#2 ibby4585

ibby4585

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Pm'd

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

The main thing which is going to affect the value, apart from the paint is the originality...

There is very little of that car which is actually GT and period... which for me would actually bring the whole car into question.

Plus the description from a basic check on the number plate is a bit vague..

WHITE AND BEIGE, 1976 LEYLAND CARS OTHER 2 DOOR SALOON

Does not say it's specifically a GT.

So given the above information, I sorry but my estimation is about £1500

#4 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

If you don't sell it, you're going to have to do some remedial work otherwise it's going to deteriorate fairly rapidly.

I've never seen it driving around :(

#5 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, it's a bit of a triggers broom and is unlikely to be a genuine 1275gt.

If I were buying I wouldn't be giving much more than £1250 for it as it really is project waiting to happen.

#6 mini stephen

mini stephen

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Local Club: unkown

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

I agree with above posts the problem u have is some minis are just that a mini and are valued on condition 1275gts or coopers ect are valued on rareity and historic value that's y a real rotten cooper is worth more than a standard clean basic mini its a shame u couldn't afford to keep it somewhere and restore it later given the money already spent.
Also a basic tip for selling cars in my view u sound like ur talking it down never do this people will come and PIC holes in it and kick tyres so don't help them at the end of the day its a running driving clubman all the best with the sale

#7 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

On the V5 it just has Leyland Mini and 1275, the person I bought it off said it was a GT so I'm not sure?

I paid £2,200 for it so I'd want to get at least that. I do have all the receipts of work that's been done and from when I bought it. I guess I am tempted to advertise it a little bit more than that because of the money I've spent and if I can't get that much I'll just try to keep it on the road and enjoy it :).

Colour wise too you can see the White/beige under the dash as well as in the engine bay.

Thanks for your replies everyone, I wish I could find a previous owner before it was taken off the road!

#8 ibby4585

ibby4585

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

Good luck with it mate, see if you can keep hold of it sort the front indicators out and a few other bits and I'm sure it will be a nice mini for you to use.

#9 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

If I can get at least what I paid for it back I shall be happy however if not it's seems just too much of a loss for me and I would rather just do a few more hours at work and although have a lack of sleep at least I'll get some use out of it.

Thanks again everyone :)

#10 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

I would keep it, there is no way that is a £2200 mini at the moment.

#11 ibby4585

ibby4585

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

No its a £2900 one on ebay lol!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/...Id=231359326442
Blimey Tom for someone who was unsure about selling you don't hang about!

Edited by ibby4585, 13 October 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#12 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

Blimey Tom for someone who was unsure about selling yiu don't hang about!
well they say God loves a tryer

#13 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

Hmmm, strange that the pics on there seem to miss out the damage/ rust as far as I can see.

#14 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

What are all the wires hanging down next to the heater?

#15 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

http://m.ebay.co.uk/...Id=231359326442
Blimey Tom for someone who was unsure about selling you don't hang about!

It's as I put in the message though I'd want to get at least what I paid for it plus I've never sold a car before so I wanted to be ready to be haggled down.

I do have all the receipts and receipt of sale that can show how much I've spent out, if it doesn't sell for at least what I paid as I said I'll keep it but it's not hurting me having it advertised

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users