Photo

1976 1275 Gt Valuation (Tried To Include Lots Of Photos)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hmmm, strange that the pics on there seem to miss out the damage/ rust as far as I can see.

I've sent the extra pictures to two people who messaged me, an earlier reply said don't chat the car down too much but if someone messages me or wants to sort out to view I'll send them all

#17 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

What are all the wires hanging down next to the heater?

CD player wires, I had to order a new housing at the weekend but it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday so they'll be plugged in again

#18 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:25 PM

If I went to look at that and found all that extra damage and the seller hadn't told me I'd walk away.  I'd also be pretty annoyed as well, especially if I'd travelled to buy it.

There's a big difference between talking the car down and hiding major shortcomings.

#19 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

What are the sills and floors like?

#20 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

If I went to look at that and found all that extra damage and the seller hadn't told me I'd walk away.  I'd also be pretty annoyed as well, especially if I'd travelled to buy it.

There's a big difference between talking the car down and hiding major shortcomings.

I'll update the listing and add it in, this is what I mean though I wasn't sure what to put but I'll include those.

As I put in the first post I've got my course fees to pay and although I can get some evening shifts at work there is no way I can afford to get the car resprayed.

I don't want to sell it at a loss of £3,000 either so I'll take a chance and see what happens.

#21 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Floors actually solid, it was one of the things the previous owner did well.

I have had a message on eBay asking for pictures of the underneath so I'm going to add some in. Would it be worth putting it in the description?

#22 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

I have had a message on eBay asking for pictures of the underneath so I'm going to add some in. Would it be worth putting it in the description?

Do you want me to have a look over it?

#23 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

If you could? After everything I've paid I wasn't expecting it to have such a low value

#24 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

The main thing which you have done is not state it's a GT as that could have got you into all sorts of bother.

You've put it up as a classified ad which is good, and not an auction... that way you're encouraging people to come have a look rather than bid blind and then claim it's not as described.

Yes, 2900 is a bit punchy, but hey, there's all sorts of people out there who have not got the first clue about what they are looking at, sorry no disrespect meant, and will pay top money for something which, in all honesty needs a fair amount of work if it's going to continue on the road for the next few years.

#25 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

If you could? After everything I've paid I wasn't expecting it to have such a low value

You're less than 5 miles away from me

#26 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

You've also listed it in "Other classic cars" and not "mini"

#27 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:56 PM

I saw it said Sittingbourne as well, I live on Kenilworth Court near the Grove but could always come to you or meet you somewhere?

#28 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

The main thing which you have done is not state it's a GT as that could have got you into all sorts of bother.

You've put it up as a classified ad which is good, and not an auction... that way you're encouraging people to come have a look rather than bid blind and then claim it's not as described.

Yes, 2900 is a bit punchy, but hey, there's all sorts of people out there who have not got the first clue about what they are looking at, sorry no disrespect meant, and will pay top money for something which, in all honesty needs a fair amount of work if it's going to continue on the road for the next few years.

Yeah I thought probably best not to, it only says Mini 1275 on the V5 and I wouldn't anyone to be disappointed like me when they find out it's not a GT

No disrespect taken, I've learnt so much from reading all the threads over the last few months. I really wish I would have been on this forum before I bought my first mini

#29 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:04 PM

I saw it said Sittingbourne as well, I live on Kenilworth Court near the Grove but could always come to you or meet you somewhere?

Near the cheap petrol station opposite Wickes?

#30 Tom1275

Tom1275

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

Near the cheap petrol station opposite Wickes?

Yeah if you turn right before the petrol station (coming from the high street way), it's then the second left

Edited by Tom1275, 13 October 2014 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users