• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

Symptoms of prostate cancer include:

• A need to urinate frequently, especially at night
  • Difficulty starting urination
  • Inability to urinate
  • Weak or interrupted flow of urine (dribbling)
  • Painful or burning urination
  • Painful ejaculation
  • Blood in urine or semen
  • Frequent pain or stiffness in the back, hips, or upper thighs.

I've had the first 4 of those since I was about 9 years old!

On a serious note though, good luck to Bob.I admire all those on this thread that have the courage to come on here and talk about these things. For those of us that have never been seriously ill, I think we take our health for granted. Its important for us all to remember that anyone of us can become ill very quickly.

This terrible disease will affect all of us (directly or indirectly) at some point in our lives. Thank you for reminding us to keep an eye on these things.

#17 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

Best of luck with the vit C treatment. Not something I have heard of before and I work in medical science but makes interesting reading.

#18 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

be interesting about the vit c shame it cost 6000 tho. they tell me it will help my fibromyalgia as well as hold back the cancer. I found the money to go but probably sell mini end of summer more difficult working on it. however it's realy up together had it for 7 years now

#19 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

be interesting about the vit c shame it cost 6000 tho. they tell me it will help my fibromyalgia as well as hold back the cancer. I found the money to go but probably sell mini end of summer more difficult working on it. however it's realy up together had it for 7 years now

Bob your positive attitude will help speed you recovery and after your first few posts I was going to suggest looking at alternative therapies. I've been reading some stuff about Boswellia (its frankincense) the are some studies that link it to helping with certain cancers, maybe worth a google as it seems to have limited side effects and a low interaction with other medication?

#20 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:39 AM

Good Luck with everything Racing Bob, and I agree with the whole if in doubt get it checked idea. I have had a few issues on that front and its a crap time and difficult to remain positive. I thought I was invincible up until I was about 40, then the wheels come off and you realise anybody can be vulnerable to illness.  Wishing you all the best for the future.

#21 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

Best of luck with the vit C treatment. Not something I have heard of before and I work in medical science but makes interesting reading.

Falls into the category of "we don't have enough data yet" https://www.nhs.uk/n...abs-and-cancer/

but then if it's your own life on the line, 6 grand isn't much to try your luck.

#22 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

saw oncologist other day said nothing they can do for me if don't want chemo and struggling with the hormone therapy 're my fibromyalgia. spoke to the nurse at the dove clinic where booked in for vit c iv she said have had good outcomes for both fibro and prostate cancer or works better on some cancers than others. if your 50 plus I suggest ( or younger) make sure your vit d is at least 100 nmol mine was only 22 severely difficiient can lead to prostate cancer and something else to take to prevent is pomi-t. wish I had known this before

#23 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

Damn near everyone in the country could do with more vit d. It requires sun on skin so people should definatly take more sunshine holidays in winter for health purposes.

#24 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

Linus Pauling is where this Vitamin C theory all came from, he was ridiculed at the time but there is increasing interest in his claims these days.

Here is an article about Vitamin C megadoses

https://en.wikipedia...in_C_megadosage

David

#25 minimans

minimans

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

It all sounds a bit sketchy but in the absence of any other treatment why not? At least it's not making him sick or worse. My Girlfriend had to make a similar decision, it was her second go around with cancer and could/would not go the chemo route again. So decided that holistic pain meds and a better life until the end, a courageous decision and one I hope I would make if it came to it. 

#26 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:37 AM

spoke to Phillip day about 3 weeks ago cancer researcher saw him in Aus when he came out on a speaking tour. so now eating mainly plant based diet. he agreed with iv vit c can help a long with totally change diet. he wouldn't want chemo or radiation

#27 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

This Phillip Day??

https://rationalwiki...iki/Phillip_Day

http://skepdic.com/phillipday.html

I'd be VERY cautious about taking advice from a man like that.

Day often cites anecdotes and hearsay as evidence for efficacy, and cherry picks web media from locations as reputable and rigorously reviewed for accuracy as YouTube.

Despite claiming to be a science journalist, he has no formal background in any scientific discipline. Day's qualifications are limited to the realm of sales and marketing.

Edited by r3k1355, 05 March 2018 - 02:27 PM.

#28 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

he's a very interesting man he gets oncologists ring him saying i got cancer don't want chemo what should i do. hes been reaserching this for 25 years. hes always talking about pandemic in vit d deficiency and may other problems not being told from your gp

Edited by racingbob, 06 March 2018 - 09:43 AM.

#29 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:45 AM

don't want to get into a debate about philip day I like him and his info

#30 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

If he starts trying to get you taking Laetrile of Vitamin B-17 please ignore him, it doesn't work and you will die.

Also total ******* any competent oncologist is going to be ringing him, despite what he might claim.

Edited by r3k1355, 06 March 2018 - 11:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users