Support you 100%

#32 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

well going down to dove clinic tomorrow for the assessment pre iv vit c. also make sure haven't got a certain gene that will make me not be able to have it. treatment starts in about 10 days. £6000 oh my god. zoladex hormone crap be out my system by then its awful

#33 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

not going to see my gp doctor any more fancy telling me I'm wasting my money that wont help she said. all she likes to do is hand out pills and doesn't like integrated medicine she has said before bunch of quacks. she's never talked about diet just pills and more pills. fibromyalgia and cancer. never took any notice of me when I said I got fibro had to see another doctor and even he argued about it so demanded to see a rheumatologist and yes fibro

#34 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

Its a pretty contentious and controversial topic to be honest. The whole homeopathy alternative medicine etc.
Same with fibromyalgia it doesnt really mean much no one really knows what causes it and it is a diagnosis when you have nothing else to go with.
Im sure your GP has your best interests at heart. And he or she believes in traditional proven medicine.

The synic in me says it sounds too good to be true and there is not enough evidence to say it will do anything at all.
I am sure however we dont know everything yet and some things may work that we might not consider traditional

Your GP has expressed their concern and their opinion to you which is really what they are there for. Its your choice whats right for you.

#35 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Its a pretty contentious and controversial topic to be honest. The whole homeopathy alternative medicine etc.
Same with fibromyalgia it doesnt really mean much no one really knows what causes it and it is a diagnosis when you have nothing else to go with.
Im sure your GP has your best interests at heart. And he or she believes in traditional proven medicine.
The synic in me says it sounds too good to be true and there is not enough evidence to say it will do anything at all.
I am sure however we dont know everything yet and some things may work that we might not consider traditional
Your GP has expressed their concern and their opinion to you which is really what they are there for. Its your choice whats right for you.

it's the way she says it

#36 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

• Members
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

it's the way she says it

Ah I see thats fair enough

#37 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

it's the way she says it

You won't be the first person thats said this to her.

She's probably seen people die because of it (homeopathic alternatives), just keep that in mind.

#38 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:44 AM

looking forward to these cold hot sweats to go away get them around every 40 minutes day and night it's awful. it's the zoladex injection hormone therapy should only be for another week now as coming out my system at last. start the vit c iv monday hope it helps some with the fibro and cancer

#39 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

The French president François Mitterand was treated with a product known as "BELJANSKI"

look it up. Very interesting reading.

Edited by pete l, 16 March 2018 - 03:12 PM.

#40 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:27 AM

Bobby, I think of you often, mate and wishing you the best always.

Damn near everyone in the country could do with more vit d. It requires sun on skin so people should definatly take more sunshine holidays in winter for health purposes.

Ha. Here (Aust.) we are told to cover up as we get WAY too much UV and we get burnt very easy. The further South, the worse this becomes. I burnt in about 1/2 an hour in Tazzy a few years back. Similar burns here would take a few hours.

I had a routine blood test a little while back and the Doc said I was low in vit. D and that I needed more sunshine !!!  Make your mind up !! She did say sheepishly that most of us don't and while we are told to cover up, we also need to un-cover for about 20 - 30 mins before 10 AM,,,,,

In regards to alternatives, well, I started seeing a Chiropractor over 20 years ago. After 6 months I felt completely different and for the better. Never looked back. I usually go see the Chiro before I see the GP these days for just about anything. There are Chiros and there are Chiros though,,,,

#41 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

Bobby, I think of you often, mate and wishing you the best always.

Damn near everyone in the country could do with more vit d. It requires sun on skin so people should definatly take more sunshine holidays in winter for health purposes.

Ha. Here (Aust.) we are told to cover up as we get WAY too much UV and we get burnt very easy. The further South, the worse this becomes. I burnt in about 1/2 an hour in Tazzy a few years back. Similar burns here would take a few hours.

I had a routine blood test a little while back and the Doc said I was low in vit. D and that I needed more sunshine !!!  Make your mind up !! She did say sheepishly that most of us don't and while we are told to cover up, we also need to un-cover for about 20 - 30 mins before 10 AM,,,,,

In regards to alternatives, well, I started seeing a Chiropractor over 20 years ago. After 6 months I felt completely different and for the better. Never looked back. I usually go see the Chiro before I see the GP these days for just about anything. There are Chiros and there are Chiros though,,,,
thanks for the thoughts Chris. iv vit c is my last hope realy oh and whole plant based diet. nhs can do nothing for me

#42 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

make sure your vit d is around 120 nmol you may well need to take 5000 iu per day. at least 2000 iu except when on holiday low vit d can lead to prostate cancer and breast àlso if over 50 take pomi-t helps not get prostate cancer. wish I new this before my vit d was 22 realy low

#43 spin

spin

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

Also

Vit D for Heart and dilated aorta

Quoted from:

Dr William R. Davis

https://www.healthce...neglected-aorta

So putting a stop to any further aortic enlargement is a worthwhile goal. Conventional thought is that there is nothing you can do to stop the inevitable growth of the thoracic aorta."¨Nonsense. There are a number of efforts you can make to halt further increase in aortic diameter and minimize, if not eliminate, the risk for developing an aneurysm or dissection of the aorta.

Don't forget the omega 3 which can be had from cold pressed flax seed oil for the plant based diet 

#44 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

I was recently tested low in vit D.......doctor said just about everyone in UK should be on vit D tablets to maintain the correct levels, especially in winter months. Even in the summer most people spend more time indoors out of the sunlight.

Edited by mab01uk, 18 March 2018 - 10:53 AM.

#45 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

• Members
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Its one theory (vitd) as to why Caucasian people even exist. Genetic advantage when living in places with garbage weather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users