Photo

Podifold - The Blow Through Supercharger Manifold.

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#121 podifold

podifold

Suck through sucks

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

You should definitely be making more boost on a standard pulley. I was making 13psi on a 15% reduced pulley. I'm currently (temporarily) running a 10% oversize pulley and I can still make 7psi.

First thing's first, have you blocked the poppet valve under the snorkel on the plenum chamber?

http://www.turbomini...t&tid=1675&fr=0

#122 Chappb

Chappb

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:09 PM

Oh right....well mines a 17% reduced pulley so there's definately somethig wrong haha!! But about the poppet valve on the plenum, yes i blocked that off with a piece of aluminium tube against the seal but i will definately look again at that and make sure it is sealed.....

#123 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

I'm going through great pains in ensuring I have the least amount of pipework as possible for the intercooler. I'm sure that the more volume of pipe you have the greater the loss in pressure? 

#124 podifold

podifold

Suck through sucks

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

podifold_new_inlet.jpg

Today I collected the revised inlet manifold. The connection to the by-pass valve has been moved so that they can now be joined together by a standard 90 degree silicone bend.

I've got a week off now and I'm hoping to get all this new stuff fitted and dyno'd ASAP.

Edited by podifold, 10 January 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#125 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

Looking good Jon. Can't wait to see this all set up; I have my PUP in mind for a conversion after....ahem...the welding

FS

#126 podifold

podifold

Suck through sucks

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

So, this happened:

podifold_final_fuel_injection.jpg

Edited by podifold, 10 January 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#127 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

Looks the schmizzle.  Did you get it Dyno'd Jon?

#128 fwdracer

fwdracer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: Mini7 Racing Club

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

Super neat install. Keen to see what this makes. The old adage - if it looks right, it usually is right....

#129 DannyTip

DannyTip

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Local Club: A Series Magpies

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:02 AM

Do you have any kind of estimate on how much a full injection bolt on kit will be? I'm guessing in the region of £2k?

#130 podifold

podifold

Suck through sucks

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Looks the schmizzle.  Did you get it Dyno'd Jon?

Not yet, but I'll definitely be getting it done as soon as I can.

Do you have any kind of estimate on how much a full injection bolt on kit will be? I'm guessing in the region of £2k?

I honestly don't know yet. I need to have a good think about how I go about selling these once it's all sorted.

The carb version isn't so bad as it's fairly simple to install and I can sell it pretty much as a "bolt on" kit. The fuel injection system on the other hand has ended up being a much more complicated and expensive installation than I first thought. I honestly don't know how many people would want this over the carb version.

Edited by podifold, 05 August 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#131 Chappb

Chappb

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

Right, so today i've had my car over to the dyno to have it fettled and see what power its putting out. We did a run first without air on the intercooler and then runs after that were done with cool air flowing through it. Dyno results were 98 hp at the wheels and 120hp at the flywheel. I'm pretty impressed and happy with this as it's a 15hp increase over the suck through setup that i was previously running. I think the things that are limiting me ultimately are the fact that im running dizzy and carb. The intercooler i'm running as well isn't the biggest and would probably benefit by upgrading to a better sized front mounted unit. Next step i believe would be megajolt to get the ignition spot on. Either way it pulls like a train from low revs all the way through to 7k at peak boost which is 10psi. Really happy with the Podifold setup and can't thank Jon enough for his help and info.

#132 DannyTip

DannyTip

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Local Club: A Series Magpies

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

Which RR are you using Chappb? Do you have any pics of your setup?

#133 Chappb

Chappb

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

John Sleath Race Cars in Conisborough, near Doncaster. And i have somewhere, i'll upload later

#134 Chappb

Chappb

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

If you have a look through previous posts on this page mate i put some pictures on

#135 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

Right, so today i've had my car over to the dyno to have it fettled and see what power its putting out. We did a run first without air on the intercooler and then runs after that were done with cool air flowing through it. Dyno results were 98 hp at the wheels and 120hp at the flywheel. I'm pretty impressed and happy with this as it's a 15hp increase over the suck through setup that i was previously running. I think the things that are limiting me ultimately are the fact that im running dizzy and carb. The intercooler i'm running as well isn't the biggest and would probably benefit by upgrading to a better sized front mounted unit. Next step i believe would be megajolt to get the ignition spot on. Either way it pulls like a train from low revs all the way through to 7k at peak boost which is 10psi. Really happy with the Podifold setup and can't thank Jon enough for his help and info.

Good stuff. Out of interest what cc is you engine and what's your engine spec?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users