#1 MechanicBen

MechanicBen

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:08 AM

Hello all

I am a long time observer first time owner of a ZCars mini.

I recently acquired a vtec road kit that has had an unscheduled meeting with a hard, flat surface.

I intend to build my 88 saloon and could use some advice on which way to go.

Here's my quandary.

The lower front tube of the engine frame, where the front torque mount and control arms mount, has a slight but noticeable bow in it, due to the forward momentum of the impact. The rest of the frame and roll cage appear to be true. 

I believe that the frame can be repaired, but i have no measurements of a true frame. I have come across a couple of posts relating to frame specs and it appears to be a touchy subject (understandably) but as i am not trying to create my own from scratch, i'm trying to save one from the great scrapyard in the sky, someone my feel inclined to help out? 

If obtaining specs turns out to be a futile venture then my other option would be to attempt to sell the frame and get a new frame from Zcars. Therefore some advice and or experience with importing a kit into Canada would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

#2 GeorgeMini

GeorgeMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

Im no expert but I'd imagine it all depends on what year the frame was manufactured. I have found Zcars to be very helpful on the phone, and i'd imagine you will be purchasing a few bits from them soon as well so try giving them a ring? You might end up ringing them in the middle of the night/early hours due to time difference but their advice will be worth it haha Personally I have a 2014 hayabusa kit so cant be of much help here im afraid.. 

cheers and good luck!

#3 MechanicBen

MechanicBen

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

I do intend to call them at some stage but my budget dictates how i go about the build. and it's far too soon to bug them yet. once i can afford the front kit i'll call them. 

#4 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

What type of frame is it, road or race??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users