Photo

Comparison Bike Engine Kits: Real Chain Life, Which Chains Used, Double Chain For Turbo?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hi all,
What is the life time of your chains and which exact chain do you use (chain specs) in your kit (Lynx, promotive...)
Lynx which is my favorite at the mo has shortest chain with 520 means most stress on chain. How long does a high end chain like DID z-Xm 520 last? All other kits, specs, real life time etc. please.
Did anybody tried a dual chain setup to reduce load and stress per chain?

Want to add a "soft" turbo (keep r1 standard internals) with approx 0.3 bar to the Lynx kit so around real 200hp but chain life or better will chain survive worries me a bit. One possible Solution would be I use 2 chains in parallel.
BMW engines using a duplex or double chain for the high power diesel engines, this could be a solution too as it splits load. Other ideas??? clubman front and more space for longer chain no option as it must be round nose.

#2 vx220

vx220

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

There's a build on here using a Harley belt drive

http://www.theminifo...o-motive-build/

I'm interested to see what answers you get, you might try locostbuilders forum as well

Edited by vx220, 11 November 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#3 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

There's a build on here using a Harley belt drive

http://www.theminifo...o-motive-build/

I'm interested to see what answers you get, you might try locostbuilders forum as well

thank you mini mad. That belt drive is in fact a perfect solution for the short chain problem when fitting r1 into round nose front. If it would be for the lynx kit it would even more perfect, as i prefer this due to better sump clearance and possibility to fit a turbo (exhaust to the front, with promotive no space) when "short chain problem" is solved.

anybody else, please share your chain drive experience, lifetime and chains you are using. think a lot people will be interested in this.

Heard from not even 500miles till >5000miles/km lifetime, what is the truth???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users