#1 mini-man14

mini-man14

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

Hi you all,

asking is seats below would fit to a mini?? I am working on interior now and I have to know this...

so there are the seats

http://www.demon-twe...fibreglass-seat

#2 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'm not sure, but there are technical specifications (which will include measurements) on the Demon Tweeks website, so you could just measure the car???

Is this for a race car?  If so, you only need one anyway so should fit. If it is for rallying and then you need 2, you might struggle to get them in - but get a tape measure and measure.

If it is for a road car - good luck!!!!

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

any seat can be made to fit.

but as above.

#4 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

I'm not sure, but there are technical specifications (which will include measurements) on the Demon Tweeks website, so you could just measure the car???

Is this for a race car?  If so, you only need one anyway so should fit. If it is for rallying and then you need 2, you might struggle to get them in - but get a tape measure and measure.

If it is for a road car - good luck!!!!

I agree with the logic Dave, but it's not always as easy as that in real life, especially if it is for a rally car. Ours came with an in date pair of OMP seats of a fairly standard bucket design - unfortunately they were on butchered 'mounts'. So we read the tech specs, measured & bought two pairs of side mounts, knowing that at first we'll only be fitting one seat for hillclimbs. Well despite all our measuring there is only one position we can get the drivers seat to fit, & that requires using one of the passenger side seat belt mounts for the drivers side lap belt eyelet - that latter is going to give us real problems getting the navs seat in we intended to put it in lower & further back anyway using a welded in harness eye, but it now looks like it'll foul the harness mount, cage main leg & the rear harness bar, & there's no way it'll sit side by side with the drivers seat....

I think the OP is wise to see if he can find anyone who actually has these seats fitted - they look very nice, but also much more bulky than our OMP's - I think he could have a fight on his hands to get them in, especially if there's a cage & full harnesses involved!

#5 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

also consider that the OPs other posts have been about space frames and Z cars........

#6 rally1380

rally1380

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

Also, we can only go by the information given to us....if the OP wants accurate answers then they need to be specific.  

"asking is seats below would fit to a mini??" - of course they will fit.....whether you'd be able to sit in them is another thing all together.

Do i own a pair of Sparco Circuits 2's.....No as they are circuit racing seats, and that is for big girls ;D

Do I have a pair of Cobra Monaco's in my rally clubman......Yes

They measure 550mm accross the widest part and are tight fitting in a mini side by side with roll cage.

The Sparco Circuit 2's measure 580mm accross their widest part (so wider than mine).....gonna be tight if you require 2 but not a mission if only 1 is needed.

Personally, if I was getting some snazzy new seats at that sort of price for a mini, I would go and get some bespoke ones made by a company like Motordrive (others surely available worldwide) so minimal space is taken up and they fit perfect....unless you pile on the pounds at christmas!!!!

#7 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

also consider that the OPs other posts have been about space frames and Z cars........

Haven't seen any of his other posts & haven't made an effort to look for them....

#8 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

....unless you pile on the pounds at christmas!!!!

I don't need Christmas to do that....!!!

#9 rally1380

rally1380

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:22 PM

Haven't seen any of his other posts & haven't made an effort to look for them....

Neither have i....why would we??

#10 mini-man14

mini-man14

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

that's great thanks for the help... :highfive:

and do you know where can I get 13,7   13,9 deep dish wheels?? central lock if it's possible.

#11 mr cooke

mr cooke

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Local Club: Any

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

make them fit there mint

#12 rally1380

rally1380

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

make them fit there mint

They are also £500 each  >_<

#13 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

I have a pair of Tillet B6F in my car. Super easy to fit and plenty of space :)

#14 Allrounder

Allrounder

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Local Club: Hereford Motor Club

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

Always fancy some Tillett seats in mine Curley, how comfortable do you find them on long/bumpy trips with no give in the bottom of the seat?

Edited by Allrounder, 02 December 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#15 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

Always fancy some Tillett seats in mine Curley, how comfortable do you find them on long/bumpy trips with no give in the bottom of the seat?

I had the same concern - but I don't use mine everyday. I would say they take a little getting used to due to there higher sides. Once you're in them they are very comfortable. You can get them with an optional cushion set like this one but was advised by Tillett there not needed for a race car. 

Aston%20seat.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users