31 replies to this topic

#1 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

Driving in my mini I have finally come to the conclusion that a headlight conversion is needed so I can see on the road. I have looked around and found these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5890f6995a

Which I think should fit into my 1995 rover mini Mayfair 1.3. Just wondered if anyone new I'd these did fit or if they new of any other ones that were good? Also wondered if anyone new if these would be bright as not entirely sure as a newbie to changing things? Thanks!!!!

#2 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

You could go for a set of Cibie h180 headlights and good bulbs. Have you also considered fitting relays? Wilson1330 sells relay kits for H4 conversions.

#3 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

FYI, I've got a set of Autopal headlights, and Ring H4 bulbs with 'Wired By Wilson' relay kit.

#4 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

You could go for a set of Cibie h180 headlights and good bulbs. Have you also considered fitting relays? Wilson1330 sells relay kits for H4 conversions.

Yeh I has considered fitting relays as I thought it's better safe than sorry, how do I find these Wilson relays? Also how much are the civil h180 headlights? Thanks!

#5 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

Also what exactly does a relay do?

#6 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

Yeh I has considered fitting relays as I thought it's better safe than sorry, how do I find these Wilson relays? Also how much are the civil h180 headlights? Thanks!

Wilson1330 on this forum. Cibie H4 headlights with sidelights on Ebay are around £35 each. The Autopal headlights are ok, but look a bit tacky IMO. Cooperman ,on this forum, rates the Cibie headlights. You could send him a PM for his opinion.

#7 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

10351965_354276208087178_431435355305538

:wub:

Autopal headlights with Hella comet 500 spotlights. The Cibie headlights would almost certainly improve the headlight range/performance.

#8 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

Wilson1330 on this forum. Cibie H4 headlights with sidelights on Ebay are around £35 each. The Autopal headlights are ok, but look a bit tacky IMO. Cooperman ,on this forum, rates the Cibie headlights. You could send him a PM for his opinion.

#9 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

What do you think about he ones I attached a link to? Thanks- also do you know about what the relays acc do?

#10 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

I have no experience with Wipac headlights, only sealed beams and Autopal, but Cooperman seems to think they are rubbish.

The relay kit takes the headlight power supply from the starter motor, and puts less strain on the original wiring.

I know it sounds like a lot of money for 'better' headlights, but get some advise off the forum members named above, and you can't go wrong.

#11 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Going down an unlit motorway, especially at this time of year, is very scary with sealed beams and forced me into the H4 headlight conversion. It's worth every penny getting decent headlights/bulbs, with a relay conversion. :thumbsup: I preferred the look of the original headlights, but looking pretty does NOT help when you need plenty of light on the road.

#12 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

Going down an unlit motorway, especially at this time of year, is very scary with sealed beams and forced me into the H4 headlight conversion. It's worth every penny getting decent headlights/bulbs, with a relay conversion. :thumbsup: I preferred the look of the original headlights, but looking pretty does NOT help when you need plenty of light on the road.

Thanks, I knew i definitely wanted to convert them and now I definitely want a relay 😋 I had a look but how do I find a price for the relays wilson1330 does? Thanks

#13 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

I have no experience with Wipac headlights, only sealed beams and Autopal, but Cooperman seems to think they are rubbish.

The relay kit takes the headlight power supply from the starter motor, and puts less strain on the original wiring.

I know it sounds like a lot of money for 'better' headlights, but get some advise off the forum members named above, and you can't go wrong.

I will message cooper man to see about his opinion on the lights :) thanks so much!

#14 MINI.G

MINI.G

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Thanks so much! I will message cooperman to get his opinion on the ones I found, but if they're no good I will look in to the cibie h180... Are these very good? (Brightness) thanks

#15 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:33 AM

My headlight relay kit cost £60 from Wilson1330. (Wired By Wilson). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users