Well I have been a member on here for a few years and I had an old project thread for my last mini rebuild. I spent a lot of time working on the project but a change in circumstances meant it had to go. Luckily I kept hold of my 1997 Cooper MPI that was my daily driver at the time but a failed MOT meant it came off the road for what was meant to be a quick turnaround.
Fast forward almost 4 years and I have gone through a full rebuild including a respray. It went in for the MOT a few months ago but sadly failed on a few bit and pieces. Now that the winter has set in I have decided to do a few more changes. This project thread will be retrospective until I get it up to date with the latest changes.
This was the starting point when I purchased it 5-6 years ago;
I picked it up locally via eBay classified listing for a bargain £1500. It had a problem with the gearbox specifically the idle/thrust bearing or whatever it is called. It looked fairly solid and I wasn't put off by a potential engine rebuild/swap
Edited by LukeH, 18 August 2020 - 07:22 AM.