#1 scrapy

scrapy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:18 PM

Hi all, just thought id introduce myself and the mini

I’m new to the mini world, had a bit of history with cars and forced by insurance to get a small engine car. So I thought, what’s the classiest small car around and it had to be the mini :grin: now im so glad i got one. Had nothing but fun from the first day i picked it up. i went out and got my self a G reg 998 mini Mayfair (exclusive edition me90??) From an old couple that have had it for years. A bit of tlc a few thing polished up and im well chuffed with it.

Oh if anyone knows a bit about these exclusive edition mini's could you enlighten me because i have not been able to find any info about them anywhere neither have i seen another mini like it

What i have done since I have had it
Well i picked it up and the paint work was looking a bit dull so a bit of Tcut and a wax and it looked great i then re-sprayed the arches mat black, rubbed down and re-sprayed the front valance got some new bumpers and front grill lowered the steering column and put a new 12" wheel on. :grin:
I then installed my ICE which consists of two amps in the boot mounted on mdf
a set of 6x9 in the parcel shelf (didn’t think about the fire wall till after doh) and my lovely Sony MD player that has been with since i was 17 (still going strong) i have also started making a centre console which is looking surprisingly good saves £100

Plans for the mini
1. I plan to get a stage one kit for it. Then get it tuned up. I live in east Sussex Crowborough so if anyone knows of a good garage to do that or a good mini garage near by i would be most grateful.

2. I want to up rate all the suspension on the mini to improve the handling and roll (not that there is much) but not sure what to go for so any advise on that would be a great help to

3. Then I am going to trim the front arches so the 12" wheels don’t rub and look into getting some smarter wheels.

Well that’s the story so far i had looked round at many forums before i joined and this one seemed to have the most helpful people so i look forward to chatting to you all and if anyone could help with the above id be most grateful
Take it easy James Kwist
Mini Name = Scrapy

Attached Files

#2 marksmini's better half

marksmini's better half

Marksminis Wifey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:05 PM

Hello and welcome to the site, I cant help you much with your problems but im sure someone on here will be able to :grin:

#3 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:37 PM

sounds like a good start to any one's mini life

#4 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:59 PM

hello to you and scrapy, hope you enjoy your stay here and im sure theres many here which will be of help to you.

clicky is this the head unit you use by any chance?

#5 1976 clubamn

1976 clubamn

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Local Club: None yet

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:34 PM

welcome to the site mate. your mini looks pretty cool.

can't really help with your problems ether sorry.

#6 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:18 AM

hello and welcome to the mini forum

smart mini

i have the email for help with the limited editions

#7 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:35 AM

Nice Mini!

Welcome to the site!

Getting a stage one kit then getting it tuned is a good idea, im planning on doing it to mine sometime soon.

As for the suspension, one of the clever Mini Docs we have will be able to help you. :D

#8 The_Mini_Bug

The_Mini_Bug

1 Gold Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:38 AM

hi ya welcome to tmf

#9 scrapy

scrapy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:39 AM

cheers for the welcome guys :grin:

lewis the head unit i have is a MDX-C8500R dont belive you can buy them anymore it was definatly my best buy ever loads of features recormend it to anyone :grin:

review:
http://www.ciao.co.u...C8500R__5596727

srapy

#10 billtheminiman

billtheminiman

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:08 PM

Hey scrapy, i live in east sussex (eastbourne) and do most of the work on my mini myself, as i do them up as a hobby.
Theres a garage in lewes called 'MINI BITZ' , they have an advert in the local friday ad.... MINI BITZ, ON STOP WORK SHOP FOR THE CLASSIC MINI SALES, SERVICES, REPAIR, RESTORATIONS, MOT WORK, MINIS ALWAYS WANTED FOR BREAKING. Tel (01273)-513-165 mobile number 07789122731.

I hope he can sort you out, as they have done in the past for me.
They have served my mini well!.
id suggest you go for maybe a playmini stainless exhaust box. Iv converted several of myown, you will need a alloy intake inlet manifold, a 3 branch down pipe, a 'Y' piece to connect your centre pipe too, which connects to your pipe at the back. Allternativly you can have a complete RC40 system which comes very highly recommended and is tuned to suit your car. Incidently whether or not you have a 1000cc or a 1275. You will also need a K.N filter, and a new needle to match the carbretta. Iv picked up all 2nd hand parts at shows, other then the exhaust system, with the box around £50 or so, I would suspecr the garage would cost you new parts and fitting around £200-250. is a rough average price.

If you have any problems let me know how you get on.

billtheminiman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users