#16 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

Nice to see another clubby estate getting some love, will be watching this one.

#17 Vegas superstar

Vegas superstar

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

So had  a little tinker and got a few things done.

Pulled the plugs out:

file-34.jpg

file-35.jpg

So going off my Haynes, the carbon all over them means it's running too rich, right? Anyway, I gave the ends a good clean up with a wire brush and got them back in.

Also pulled off dizzy cap. Not quite sure if the condition is good - but seems ok??

file-36.jpg

file-37.jpg

Checked all the leads where on properly and fired her up. Well, went to and thought the crappy battery I'm using was dead as wasn't even getting the starter to turn over. So put that on charge over night again.

Following day I tried again with the full battery but nothing! I'm getting the ignition light on the clocks an all so started to suspect ignition wire is dicky. took off column shroud, gave the wiring  a wiggle to see if anything was loose but all looked ok(?). Mmmm, I'll just give it a try again...she fired up and was running on all four cylinders. The odd miss fire but sounded like a mini for the first time!!!

So, after seemingly doing nothing, it worked. Ah mini's...

Based on that, I decided that I was no longer gonna be at the mercy of auto electrics and try and be one step ahead in the future as the electrics on this mini are not great from what I've seen so far (lights, indicators, etc. aint working). So I dragged this off the book shelf...

file-44.jpg

I bought it a couple of years ago but never used it yet. Well now I've something to practice on it's being used. What a great book! I'm only on first chapter and its real empowering. We'll see how I get on.

I also wanted to get rid of the terrible Micra wheels. I got a set of 12" revolite in the boot. Ordered 12 nuts and a set of locking nuts from Minispares and got them on it. I've also got a set of 7 x 13 superlights but the tires are gone from sitting too long. Anyway, I'm on two minds as to go with 13's again.

file-39.jpg

file-41.jpg

file-42.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-43.jpg

Oh, I also got a door lock set that I've to fit but all moving along!

Cheers

Adam

#18 Vegas superstar

Vegas superstar

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Tiny update.

Got some time to work on her today. Decided to do the door locks. I bought a barrel set that comes with two for the front doors and one for the rear door.

So, started with the rear, thinking it would be the easiest. Hmmm....

I've got as far as stripping the lock down the the handle, removing the locking pin (and the small pin - not sure that was needed!) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the old barrel out!

6365A0EC-3320-4A10-904E-1E30193AF20D.jpg

Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers

Adam

#19 Vegas superstar

Vegas superstar

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Ok, sorted the rear lock.

As I couldn't figure it out I took it to a local locksmiths, http://www.brownbros.ie/ great lads and I've used them for domestic/commercial stuff before. I started to explain my situation but the guy knew straight away. Takes the handle off me and straight to the bench mounted wire wheel and I'm wondering why he's giving the thing a little polish for me!

Turns out that I'd missed the crucial pin that holds the barrel in the handle as there was a little bit of crud!

1FAF995F-4C31-443A-B0C0-B94D58E30A1D.jpg

as you can see above there are two tiny pins - the one to the left in the pic is the one I'd missed! Doh!

New barrel went in and works superb. It does however, sit a little prouder than the old (original?) one.

2C919F32-DDF8-4D1F-819C-4BC8C51D3C88.jpg

Happy days! Will update when I get a chance to do the front doors.

Cheers

Adam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: estate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users