It's definitely taken a while to get onto this assembly job.
Onto today's work. Yesterday I repainted the hubs and other bits with another coat of Hammerite black as they had chipped and scuffed in storage. I also gave the calipers another coat of silver paint, so they look pretty good :)
This morning (more like afternoon, late start to the day during the holiday season ) I decided to fit the bearings and ball joints and grease everything.
The bearings were relatively easy to do. Just followed the Haynes Manual instructions and it went smoothly. Onto the ball joints, firstly I seem to have been short of shims, and the old ones are at home (I think). Secondly, and more importantly, I couldn't find a 1.5" socket at work and I don't have one So that job is on hold now... sigh.
Another issue seems to be that the CV joints available locally aren't quite right and don't clear the inner races of the bearings, which is a strange one.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the assembled bits. Yay :)
The dodgy fitting CV joint:
And with the calipers fitted to both hubs.