So a couple of weeks ago I posted to the technical sections to ask for assistance in solving what was actually a non-problem, but rather me being a complete idiot :\
I had a buckled wheel, which I believed had caused one of the wheel studs on the left front wheel to snap. So I borrowed a 4.5" steelie from one of my friends that had a 145 tyre like the other wheels on my car. After much struggling I removed the hub and swapped out all four studs, greased everything up, refitted the hub and then fitted the steel wheel. When driving I got massive vibrations under acceleration so asked what could be the problem.
The suggestions were that tracking and balancing were the problem. When I took my car to have them both check, it turned out to be something far more obvious... The tyre pressure for the new wheel I fitted was 1.1bar and that was what was causing the vibrations.
Oh well, anyway now the car is running well :)