#676 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

Looking good Steve, are you trailering it to Bingley?

Hope to get a chance to get a closer look at it on Sunday lets hope the weather 

is OK

Thank you! Yes, trailering it as the map on the ECU isn't ready and engine not worn in.  I'll most likely be hanging around the car like a bad smell, so please come say hello!

#677 jamesquintin

jamesquintin

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

amazing detail as always

You might want to block those LHD fog lamp holes to stop crud getting in...

Q

#678 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

amazing detail as always

You might want to block those LHD fog lamp holes to stop crud getting in...
Q

Thanks, chap! And already sorted, was waiting for a delivery of the OEM bungs!

#679 jsyjamie

jsyjamie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

Looking good Steve!

My friend redrew the AEM boost gauge to look like the Smiths one which you (and anyone else who wants) can download from my dropbox. He's also going to do the AFR gauge at some point too.

Jpg file you can view: https://www.dropbox....NAL-01.jpg?dl=0

Eps file which the printer will need: https://www.dropbox....NAL-01.eps?dl=0

My friend said, "A sign writing company will need to either print directly onto the correct material that the insert is made from, or print onto a magnolia vinyl that matches the other gauges. Let their machine also cut it out to shape so that you can either try and get away with sticking it over the existing insert or cut out your own by hand and stick the new sticky vinyl version over the top. It's probably worth getting two or three of them done at the same time in case there's a disaster!"

Hope that helps and let me know if you do get it printed as I like one too.

Cheers,

Jamie 

#680 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Looking good Steve!

My friend redrew the AEM boost gauge to look like the Smiths one which you (and anyone else who wants) can download from my dropbox. He's also going to do the AFR gauge at some point too.

Jpg file you can view: https://www.dropbox....NAL-01.jpg?dl=0
Eps file which the printer will need: https://www.dropbox....NAL-01.eps?dl=0

My friend said, "A sign writing company will need to either print directly onto the correct material that the insert is made from, or print onto a magnolia vinyl that matches the other gauges. Let their machine also cut it out to shape so that you can either try and get away with sticking it over the existing insert or cut out your own by hand and stick the new sticky vinyl version over the top. It's probably worth getting two or three of them done at the same time in case there's a disaster!"

Hope that helps and let me know if you do get it printed as I like one too.

Cheers,

Jamie

Thanks Jamie! Were you the same chap that mentioned this on the mini turbo Facebook group?

#681 jsyjamie

jsyjamie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

That's me! 

#682 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:32 PM

Had a mad few days getting things sorted for Bingley, but all paid off nicely! Also have got my mapping slot at EFi Parts :D 21 Feb!

First of all, after much head scratching, cut knuckles and some pipework, i got the air filter in its final resting place

maspwrA.jpg

My mate Dean (remember the lad that did some paintwork to the back of my car?) did my dash binnacle, i then spent a while getting the rings and lights back in

N2O7h62.jpg

Dash built up, cleaned, wired up and installed!

PLkUSKK.jpg

nVW5OdL.jpg

Seat polythene off

biYKdjF.jpg

And now the bit i have been dreading since the car came back - the roof gutter trim O_O I contacted Pheonix trim and asked them the best method for installing it, the nice chap on the end of the phone advised putting it in boiling hot water for 5 minutes then get it on quickly. So thats exactly what I did! I was utterly surprised how easy it was to work and install! 

bvyWO6F.jpg

Once complete and last coat of Auto Finesse Toughcoat went on, I got her onto the trailer to deliver to Bingley Hall on Saturday afternoon. Glad i did as the heavens opened up not soon after and Sunday was due to be high winds. It gave me time to examine the paintwork under sodium lights.

AWvTT91.jpg

Only a half hour trip up the road and I was met by Tom and Alex from TCR, they and Tom's dad, Mark, helped push her into the hall.

cqKB8IC.jpg

The next day then flew past. Was on site by 0745 and got straight into last minute cleaning and setting up.

NYBPWri.jpg

A9Ffm6G.jpg

jMskrpp.jpg

mAcDuk8.jpg

SI5meNQ.jpg

sfqV3LR.jpg

3XgNett.jpg

yOQhN5H.jpg

K3QqtmD.jpg

A massive thank you to those from the forum that took time to find me and have a good chat. This is my first car show for some years, but the enthusiasm and discussions I had with people throughout the day made me so glad to be in the mini community. Frank - had a good look over your car when I had chance, i absolutely love it! Thanks for the chat first thing mate :proud:

#683 eddywestby1275

eddywestby1275

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

The quality of your build is unbelievably good - even better than I expected when I saw it in person!

#684 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

Was good to meet you Steve. Car looked great

#685 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

The quality of your build is unbelievably good - even better than I expected when I saw it in person!

Thanks chap! Were you one of those that chatted on the day?

#686 Dannyboolahlah

Dannyboolahlah

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Didn't get a chance for a proper look due to the crowd around it for most of the day!
Had a quick nosey though and it looks fantastic!

Edited by Dannyboolahlah, 30 January 2019 - 08:59 PM.

#687 spraybeater

spraybeater

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Local Club: Mcr

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

It was good to meet you  Steve and see your car up close! had a good look at it on the Saturday afternoon,

Its always good to meet folks in person! and put faces to names.

I hope you get a chance to drive it to some other shows! once you get the mapping sorted.

Frank.

#688 eddywestby1275

eddywestby1275

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

No I wasn't, you were talking to someone else as my dad and myself came past, and I had a good mooch around. It looks quite a way better than anything that came out of Longbridge!

#689 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

No I wasn't, you were talking to someone else as my dad and myself came past, and I had a good mooch around. It looks quite a way better than anything that came out of Longbridge!

Ah, not to worry! And thanks! The concept was always OEM+ lol

Thank you all for the comments. Getting her this far has been more time consuming than originally thought, but it's all been worth it.

#690 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Looking great as per! Chris will  do it proud with the mapping, excited to see the results! :D

Bet you can't wait out for a drive when the weathers better! 

With 13's you should be fine on his rollers, when mine was there on 10's we had to balance it on 2 rollers as it was too low.. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users