161 replies to this topic

#1 mister bridger

mister bridger

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

So Clarkson's gone and overstepped the mark again, all for the lack of a cup of tea and a Hobnob after filming. Was looking forward to next weeks episode involving a Pug 304 Cabriolet as I've had a couple of these (gorgeous but chronically unreliable!). Is there any way back for the Top Gear programme? Love it or loathe it, I do find it entertaining as long as you bare in mind it's just a comedy show.

#2 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

It will be back. The BBC would be mad not to reinstate him with the money that show brings in

#3 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

Yea. ITV

#4 Minimad100

Minimad100

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

They will bring the show back as there no way they'd sell the franchise with all the merchandise and magazines that they sel from it! However maybe they'll have a change in the lineup of presenters? Who knows!

#5 mininuts

mininuts

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

I think the BBC are in a really awkward situation. Like you said, love it or hate it, it's one of BBCs top earners and to stop the program completey seems a little extreme for the actions of one person.
Top Gear, in it's present format, without Clarkson would be quite strange I guess but, we'd all get over it and move on. May and Hammond are good and could quite easily carry on doing the show without Jennifer :-)

As much as I like both Top Gear and Clarkson, I can't help thinking there are more important issues that deserve headline news.

#6 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

https://www.change.o...=share_petition

#7 scrumpix

scrumpix

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Local Club: Yeovil Mini Mania

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

if the BBC bin it it'll turn up somewhere else

#8 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

Maybe the BBC will learn the same lesson that Chanel Four did over Big brother ??

Why o Why did the BBC not keep there internal affairs internal!!

I think a show with just Cpt slow and Hampster would be boooooring!

#9 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

They cant bin their most profitable show. Unfortunately for them Clarkson also makes the show. Clarkson will be back and the show will go on. They have too many contracts in place to broadcast overseas to bin it, it would cost them an absolute fortune.

#10 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

I love top gear and I really like Clarkson. Yes it's more of an entertainment show, but its still great to watch. Also, going to watch them filming it was really interesting, as you see another side to it. They are all genuinely interested in cars, and they do try to include more car based stuff, but it is edited and produced by people who are not and just want to make money. So a lot of stuff gets cut out, and I'm sure a lot more goes on than people realise.

#11 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

The BBC is a bastion of politically correct ****heads who can't take the idea of a loose cannon. Everyone needs a loose cannon to question the stifling status quo, especially the hugely subsidised, institutionalised Beeb. The BBC drones have been quoted this morning as saying he's a bully, needs anger management, needs diversity training blah blah blah. It's almost fecking thoughtspeak in there and pity anyone who rails against it.

#12 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

No one is irreplaceable. 

Who knows, maybe they will sack him, keep the other two and bring in a hot young girl. That could be entertaining to watch, as she puts the other two to shame with driving skills and knowledge. 

Imagine a petrol head version of someone like Rachel Riley. She's funny, a good presenter and certainly nice to look at!

It could do with some new blood on the show either way

Edited by E.L.M.O, 11 March 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#13 Ellie

Ellie

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

I remember my dad telling me about a concert he saw, well more of a meeting.
Clarkson was there rambling on a little stage, there was only a hundred people or so.
He was proper going for it, he was ranting about smoking, he was very pro smoking.
Dad says he was really funny.

Does anyone actually know what was said, I hope he stays, I think he's quite funny at times, yes a buffoon at times, but still funny.

#14 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

I think it was more to do with his physical backlash rather than his conversation piece....

#15 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

I think it's hard to say what's going to happen because no one knows what actually happened

Sure we will find out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users