11 replies to this topic

#1 mini-auto

mini-auto

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Does anyone know if the Adrian Flux TMF+ insurance discount is still available ?

I ask because the original discount post is dated 2008 & its gone past 5:30pm now so can't telephone them until tomorrow.

The post also says I need my TMF+ membership number, where can I find this ?

Thank you.

#2 SuperDeLuxeNick

SuperDeLuxeNick

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis Portsmouth

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

they did me discount and where the cheapest already

just say your in the TMF and whatever else

#3 lewBlew

lewBlew

Previously known as theboybradley.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

They shoved me on their Mini policy and it's the cheapest by far already with or without a TMF discount. When I originally signed up I mentioned it and they wouldn't accept a membership number so asked me to change my password on here so they could login as me and check I was a member, then change it back!

#4 mini-auto

mini-auto

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for that, will call them tomorrow, MOT soon then looking to get my RSP on the road at the end of the month, can't wait.

Also out of interest I did a Gocompare on my mini auto, with nil no claims, cheapest insurance was £70 !!!

If I needed any incentive to get the mini-auto sorted then there it is, cheap as chips (almost).

#5 ibrooks

ibrooks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

Beware Flux - a quick search will give you all the information you need to decide whether the price is really worth it.

#6 skinnyminny

skinnyminny

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: Geeks N Freaks

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

Ibrooks - I would agree but flux quoted me £500 and no one else was less than £4k. So in my mind yes it is worth it, despite their terrible reviews.

#7 lewBlew

lewBlew

Previously known as theboybradley.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

Apart from on this forum I've only seen good reviews... Although as far as I'm concerned if I ever crash / have my car stolen then no amount of money from an insurance company is going to make me feel better. So I'd rather pay less...

#8 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Try HIC as well as they are more of a broker and search hundreds of companies for you!!

#9 mini-auto

mini-auto

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

HIC looks interesting I will give them a try.

I had Flux insurance on a modified mk1 2 door Cortina & a modified 105e Anglia both 60's style circuit racer lookalikes both rock solid & super clean/straight that I regret selling (giving away) in the early nineties.

Followed them with a couple of Fulvia's a BMW 1602 & an Alfa GT junior, its been said many times before but you could buy some superb cars for not too much money.

Didn't have any issues with Flux back then but I never made any claims. 

#10 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

HIC are the sister company to AF, so when I called to say HIC were cheaper etc they matched everything HIC offered.

So in theory HIC and AF are the same Broker under different names?

#11 mini stephen

mini stephen

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Local Club: unkown

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:36 PM

Avoid them like the plaque may be cheap on the face of it but the reality is they are crap after 1 month of argument with them over them not accepting my prof of address apparently neither my driving licence passport bank statement doctors letter wage slip were accepted they wanted a bill witch fortunately I don't have any I cancelled my policy the girl on the phone said their was a £30 pound administration fee witch was fair enough now 3 weeks later they took £136 out of my account so in total for 1 months insurance they have charged me £203 when I phoned they said it was in their terms and conditions when you cancel the policy they take the whole premium off you I am seriously ******* off and dunno what to do scumbags

#12 ibrooks

ibrooks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:36 AM

All too common with this outfit unfortunately.

Is it really in the terms and conditions that you received?

If it is then unfortunately if it's also more than 14 days since you received that paperwork (not the day you arranged cover) then you are screwed.

If it's not then write to them (using a delivery method that gives you proof of receipt) demanding the money back in a reasonable amount of time (7 days from receipt of the letter should be perfectly reasonable). If you get no satisfactory response there involve the ombudsman and tell them you are doing it.

Buyer beware - especially of Flux.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users