3 replies to this topic

#1 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:30 AM

Which gas cap do I need for the fuel tank?
I have a fuel injected R1 mini

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,406 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

Probably unvented. The tank will need a vent, to let air in to replace the fuel, have a look to see if it what pipes are connected.

#3 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

Probably unvented. The tank will need a vent, to let air in to replace the fuel, have a look to see if it what pipes are connected.

as Ethel said you need a vented fuel tank with return pipe, so it depends on your kind of tank you are using if you need a vented or unvented cap. If you buy a aluminum motorsport tank then the cap will be unvented but the tank has a separate vented pipe that need to be routed outside. I assume that is the case for every fuel tank/cap setup as the fuel tank is inside of the car but don't know if this is the case in a pickup like yours too.

If you are using MPI tank then I don't no due to this is my first classic and I never saw a MPI tank or know the setup of it.

#4 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,406 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:19 AM

MPI's will vent via the charcoal canister. It's only the van & estate tank that need a vented cap, and possibly some early saloons - every one I've owned had a vent pipe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users