#1 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:14 PM

hi turbo nuts, ive been looking at your site turbo phil and its spured me on to find a metro turbo unit and a mini so i can participate in the jersey hill climbs.

My question is how many metro turbo cars were made, i have no idea how rare they are but i would like to find one early next year and rip all neccesery parts out of it.

cheers all - lewis :grin:

#2 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:41 PM

I do like that mini you have as an Avatar. I see that was turbocharged in its day.

What class are you planning on entering? I assume hillclimbing in Jersy is held under MSA regulations. I run a 998turbo in the upto 1400 modprod class.

As for Metro Turbo availibility, I have no idea but most of the componet parts are reasonably easy to get hold of. In any case if you want decent power you can chuck a load of the metro stuff away to start off with and it's just as easy to build a new engine rather than use a metro block etc.

www.turbominis.co.uk is as good a place as any to place a wanted ad, and stuff pops up on ebay too.

Hope this helps

Wil

#3 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:24 PM

thanks wil that is pretty helpful, still not sure what class i want to go in but i know that i want to participate in sprints and hill climbs etc, and when i get the money do the jersey rally. The only thing im worried about is where when and how am i going to find a metro turbo, do any of you have an idea of p%p on an engine

#4 nathy_t

nathy_t

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:39 PM

i saw metro turbo engine on ebay last week for £170 dunno if its still up but ebay is another place to look

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users