16 replies to this topic

#1 ribz0

ribz0

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:32 PM

Another good win for Mercedes in the F1 but how disappointing was Lewis?

Did he get ripped off? Yes... but very bad sportsmanship I think... I think he has a maturity issue....  lol...

Well done Nico and why wouldn't you enjoy the moment... Grow up Lewis....

Cheers

#2 Miniminx71

Miniminx71

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:26 AM

to be honest I thought he behaved very well, considering he was on course for an easy win before his team stuffed it up with that pointless pit stop. He congratulated Nico pretty sincerely anyway but must have been feeling extremely peed off! I didn't notice anything unsportsmanlike. I'm not surprised he didn't burst his bubbly after the last time he did which was a total fiasco :D

#3 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:51 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with being passionate. It was a very poor decision by the team.

#4 greenwheels

greenwheels

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

One driver and team winning all the tme makes F1 boring. The sport seams to have lost its' way to me.

#5 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

Considering it was Hamilton, I was surprised at how he was gracious in defeat yesterday.  Usually he would throw his toys out of his gold chain/diamond encrusted pram at the first chance he gets.  Maybe its to do with just signing a £100m contract so he couldnt ******* his team just yet...

I used to be a big Hamilton fan from his GP2 days right up until he became a spoilt brat/wannabe rapper.  Its almost like F1 now inconveniences him and he looks down his nose at everyone else.  His off the cuff comments like 'Its because Im black' and 'the monkeys at the back of the field' back up that.  Not a nice guy in my opinion.  If he wasnt a Brit, half of his current 'fans' wouldnt be following him as they do.

I do like this article from Jalopnik on him.  Everything they say is reinforced by quotes from the man himself, so they arent wrong... http://jalopnik.com/...is-ha-458368227

#6 ribz0

ribz0

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

Being passionate is one thing... but I do agree with Mini 360 comments...  bad call from the team yes, but thats the way it goes.... I really liked how he ran into the 3rd position winner spot at the end... 

"spoilt brat/wannabe rapper" yep..... 

#7 greenwheels

greenwheels

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

It grieves me the way these people get huge contracts, £27M in Hamiltons case, and then hightail it to somewhere to avoid paying UK tax. I'm a fan of Jenson Button and even he does it. F1 is largely a British based sport after all.

#8 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

I think he has every right to be pissed off considering his team handed his closest championship rival the victory.

As a driver he has to trust his team to make the right choices for the race. On a track like Monaco where position is everything I cant see any reason to pit him that close to the end short of having a puncture. 

#9 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

Being a cynical old b****r, I was wondering how 'accidental' the 'error' was.

The championship will generate more interest and thus more cash if the contest is close, even if it is between team drivers.

What is this closer points tally worth to certain people in F1 and would he/they pay for a team to this to happen?

Answers, together with cash, in a brown envelope please ;D .

#10 mingy

mingy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

The championship will generate more interest and thus more cash if the contest is close, even if it is between team drivers.

What is this closer points tally worth to certain people in F1 and would he/they pay for a team to this to happen?

I agree with you on that one Coops, money talks, always has , always will ...... 

#11 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

I have only just seen the highlights of this race, and it didn't show any post race reaction so can't comment on that. If I was Hamilton, I would be annoyed there as well. It was a bad call which has effectively cost him 17 points - if he should lose the championship by any margin up to 17 points now then it is an even bigger mistake than at present.

I have aways preferred Jenson, he just seems like a nicer person, but have always realised that Lewis was the better driver. I have read the article linked by Mini360 and it does demonstrate a complete and utter lack of loyalty. I understand that he is simply the driver and it is the team that come with the strategy and so should take the responsibility, but the reality of a team is you win together and you lose together - not blame everyone else. 

#12 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

It grieves me the way these people get huge contracts, £27M in Hamiltons case, and then hightail it to somewhere to avoid paying UK tax. I'm a fan of Jenson Button and even he does it. F1 is largely a British based sport after all.

*£100m! Albeit it over 3yrs.  Still insane!

Jenson button is a proper racing driver.  Smooth and fast compared to ragged on the edge make or break driving style Hamilton has adopted.  Jenson is courteous on and off the track and a nicer guy you will never meet.  Much more grounded and sensible than the tw@ in the mercedes....

#13 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

I'm more cynical than that. Last year was Hamiltons turn to win after the Spa incident. This year it is Rosbergs turn, 2016 it will be Hamiltons again etc etc.

F1 is dull, and will be until they rid it of those hybrid engines, pit to car control and engineers telling the drivers how they must conserve full, brakes, tyres etc etc.

#14 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,889 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:37 PM

Hamilton needs a high five. In the face. With a brick.

#15 ribz0

ribz0

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

BaaHaaHaa.... ^^^ 

Go Nico.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users