21 replies to this topic

#16 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Wow, certainly looks like you needed a rebuild. It looks to me that you have what I have in my 94. I would wait to hear back from MS or someone on here that knows for sure though.

One thing I would be sure to do is make sure the bore of the cylinder is perfect. It may require/be a good idea to run a hone through the bore to clean it all up.

#17 kommander

kommander

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Can anyone advise on the size of fittings (plastic threaded inserts/hose adapter)  I require to bench bleed my master cylinder?

Edited by kommander, 06 September 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#18 kommander

kommander

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

So I finally sourced hose adapters to bleed the master cylinder. They were M10 for those interested. I successfully reassembled all parts and began bleeding using the bench method.

However, fluid was only being forced out the primary piston, the fluid flow from the secondary piston  was just by gravity. I disassembled, rechecked all seals and their orientation using the relevant diagram.

Reassembled, same result.

Is it possible that the secondary piston has become stuck in the forward position?

Any suggestions?

Edited by kommander, 27 October 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#19 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Do you have any pix of you bench bleeding the master? I have never done this but seems like a great idea.

Something I can recommend is a set of braided lines to replace the solid pipes that run from the master to the proportioning valve. I finally pulled the trigger on a set and seriously wish I had done so years ago. You can just unbolt the master or entire unit and move it out of the way if you need to do anything with clutch or whatnot. VERY handy and so much easier rather then having to bleed the system each time. 

#20 rolesyboy

rolesyboy

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

Braided lines sound like a great idea. What spec are they please? Length etc. Do you have a link to the ones you found to be suitable. Thanks

#21 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

http://www.minispare...px|Back to shop

I just went with what Mini Spares sells. They are made to fit perfectly and with the correct angles. 

#22 rolesyboy

rolesyboy

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

Thanks a lot. Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users