#137 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

Who offers that speedo?

Smtihs direct (Caerbont Automotive). Should be here soon! Am excited.

#138 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:29 PM

So here are the gauges (minus the special speedo yet to arrive)
8FA87DEF-9398-4642-AC8B-026F6C5DCF35_zps
The additional gauges all require their own sensors, so I've been busy installing some new shiny bits.

DSN filter head with sensor hole (ignore the dirty engine, it'll be clean soon):
58E1AAD2-7420-4D6E-AC5E-0EF1A2A90192_zps
Water temp sensor was a tricky one, so I've opted for an inline adapter and some fresh new 'retro' silicone hoses:
199B9875-7D67-4E19-8295-CDBB5B68E83B_zps
The addition of the above actually means I could do away with a heafty copper pipe the previous owner had used to route water. He'd also cut a notch out of the front panel to do this, so I'll be getting that sorted in the new year.

#139 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

I managed to get around to fitting the oil pressure sensor today and routed the wiring for the gauges. Everything is now working as it should:
86BCBDD0-F7CC-429C-9E29-C64642218F92_zps
The great news is temperatures all seem good and the pressure shows the same as the ST700 as expected. I now need to set the upper and lower parameters (as well as lights) for each gauge.

CAI (Smiths) are taking their sweet time making the speedo. I guess it'll be the new year for that.

#140 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

Looking good, what does the digital display in the rev counter show?

#141 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

Currently it's set for water temp and oil pressure. I'm going to change this to fuel pressure and another input (thoughts?). It also is a speedo, volt meter, lap counter, 0-60 recorder and more - it came with the car and is pretty neat.

#142 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

Currently it's set for water temp and oil pressure. I'm going to change this to fuel pressure and another input (thoughts?). It also is a speedo, volt meter, lap counter, 0-60 recorder and more - it came with the car and is pretty neat.

Air fuel ratio?

#143 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

I've just looked at the price of it because I'm wanting a new rev counter. If it came with the car you've got a great piece of kit, enjoy, just to say, I won't be buying one. :cry:

#144 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

Air fuel ratio?
that would be useful, I think the ST700 only outputs temp or pressure values though.

#145 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:22 PM

I've just looked at the price of it because I'm wanting a new rev counter. If it came with the car you've got a great piece of kit, enjoy, just to say, I won't be buying one. :cry:
yeah i'm not sure I'd have gone full bore on the Stack gauges if it hadn't come with the car.

#146 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

Air fuel ratio?
that would be useful, I think the ST700 only outputs temp or pressure values though.

Ah I see. If you want one that changes alot then vacuum could work!

#147 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

Yesterday we set about trial fitting the dash. Each end had to be cut and lathed, as it originally used a smaller center piece. We also had to stick some additional wood on the bottom, then shaped this down with an electric plainer.
693B86F1-5C71-4FA5-9F7D-AD1748520511_zps
It's held in on each end with nuts and bolts. I'll more than likely add a couple of L-brackets in the middle for extra piece of mind too.

Next steps are to remove the lacquer from each glovebox door before painting (still undecided on stain or paint for the back). The whole lot will then be sent off for a good carbon skin :-)

I'm also unsure on whether to put the original domed switch back in the middle. I was planning on using this to power the heater, but unsure if this will make or break the look.

Edited by Richie83, 21 January 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#148 g111mds

g111mds

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

This will look great with carbon :)

#149 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: IMOG

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Just been looking at this thread again, awesome pickup Richie.

#150 crazicarl

crazicarl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

Looking good!
Curious question about your steering wheel setup with the removable boss, do you find that the steering wheel is quite close to your chest?
I had mine setup the same and found it was quite close and didn't know if I liked it that close so took the removable boss off. Been trying to look at low profile bosses but all the ones off fleabay are pretty much the same and after seeing one on a customers car they have way too much play in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users