23 replies to this topic

#16 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

I do feel a plonka fitting all my devices buy this goes to show that they do work and I will continue to do so in your honour :-)

Could you rig up CCTV nearby? 

#17 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local Club: GMOC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

I sometimes wish these toe-tags would get caught but half the time they get a slap on the wrist and nothing else.  There really needs to be a better way of sorting this scum out - on a personal view, they better be sodding fast runners if I catch anyone at my Mini like this!

#18 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

You only have to watch the BBC "Motorway Cops" series to see how small the penalties are........even when the Police have used expensive helicoptors, risked their lives and damaged cars in a chase, the results annouced at the end of the programme from the courts rarely match the crimes...perhaps some community service for a couple of weeks and then go free to continue where they left off.

All classic Mini's now look very vunerable parked on the roadside unattended.........sadly without a garage at least overnight, a classic Mini is not really a viable ownership option any longer.

Edited by mab01uk, 23 July 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#19 JacckKirk

JacckKirk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

Mine have always been blocked in by some pretty big cars so i know there fine
Is there an option to get your neighbours to block you in e.g park extremely close to the mini both sides
And a cctv camera is a must

#20 limby2000

limby2000

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

to be honest, you can't beat a decent loud car alarm. Most can have the immobilsers linked to ignition ,fuel pump or starter motor. As soon as they force or break the glass, either by ultrasonic or microwave sensor. Even a flashing led and a couple of alarm fitted stickers will put off most car theives.

#21 nightflier

nightflier

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

Something similar happened to my daily, Kenny. They bent out the top of the drivers door, breaking the glass before opening the door, then went to town on the steering lock, which (thankfully) held up pretty well!

Fortunately, I think they were disturbed - and I didn't find out until the morning... so glad they didn't come back for another go!

6494BCE8-6F7B-4B6C-8422-05016231A34A_zps

Edited by nightflier, 22 August 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#22 billy big skid

billy big skid

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

I really do worry about this, especially as a bloke up the road had his stolen at the end of last year. At the moment we park other cars right up to it front and rear and take the HT lead off the distributor.

#23 Van13

Van13

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Local Club: Unknown

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

Got to admit don't think I would Be a mini owner without the garage even if you have the immobiliser its still the carnage you have to deal with.scum
Hope you manage to sort some storage out

#24 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:51 AM

GPS tracker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users