So long time no post:
We managed to bleed the brakes etc.
Took it top Himley hall for a shakedown for London to Brighton. That went horribly wrong, on the way there the oil pressure guage pipe started to leak, spraying oil all over the engine, so we had to buy a new one there:
The engine breathed heavily and smoked alot so we thought the rings must be dodgy as the engine had been sat a while, it then started to smoke more, this time white smoke and it over heated, boiled over, water all came out the turbo water return.
We came to the conclusion the head gasket had gone. Also it was dangerous as the steering rack was awful so was a hand full. So we decided to take the engine out the Monday before L2B, so we had better access:
Took the head off:
Only to discover the cause of the smoking and heavy breathing:
We needed the car back on the road for L2B so put on a new gasket and assembled it all.
We then changed the rack:
Next we decided to change the wheel baring as it wasnt the best, the old race got stuck in the hub so we bought a new one, ended up having to get a new drive shaft, 2 new inner pot joints and a outer cv:
Safety first haha:
We got it all back in on Saturday, took it for a test drive, re torqued the head and washed it ready for L2B:
Made it to Crystal palace, but the water temp guage stopped working, we think this happened as my brother managed to make the oil pressure braided tube live which melted a lot of stuff and damaged the water capillary tube, that meant changing of the oil pipe and some other stuff on the Saturday. Its scary driving without a temp gauge:
Any way we made it to Brighton quite late as we lost the clutch, the lock nut on the adjuster came loose and caused it to wind in, we found out what was wrong thanks to the help of a kind man. We didnt have the right size spanner so we had to call the AA, the AA man had a K series mini which was cool. He also had to bleed the clutch again as it got air in when i was fiddling with it:
We eventually made it to Brighton. And then home now without any other issues other than what i think is the actuator sticking open so no boost was produced occasionally:
Not sure if that made any sense haha