3 replies to this topic

#1 BradleyRogerson

BradleyRogerson

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

as the title says i have no dipped beam. my side lights and my flash and main beam work which is what iv been using for sometime now and sometimes after driving round with the main beam on when i knock it off the dipped beam will come on, but only sometimes. i've checked the bullet connectors and bridged the connections at the switch end, the only thing i can think of is the fuse box could do with replacing. i thought id just ask in case someone has had the same problem before :) 
cheers,
Brad

#2 monkey

monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Local Club: Diss Mini Club

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:12 PM

This circuit isn't fused, so the fuse box isn't an issue. Sounds like an issue with your stalk switch to me, if you take the steering column cowling off you should be able to see the contacts and figure out which contact does what, mine needed a light clean and "adjustment". If I remember correctly it's a blue wire from the rocker switch is the feed to the stalk, and then out of the stalk a Blue/red for dipped beam and a blue/white for main beam. Would be worth checking for 12v on the blue/red with a multimeter.

Someone will hopefully come along and ensure the colours I have quoted are correct ;-)

#3 BradleyRogerson

BradleyRogerson

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

yeah the red/blue is dipped and iv had no power to that wire at the bullet connectors, i think i had a look at the connection at the column but think i only checked for power on the blue wire, sometimes i have to wiggle a few wires on my fuse box for my lights to come on but i think that's my side lights hence why im thinking the fuse box is the fault. i'll have a look that the blue/red wire at the column tomorrow and see if there is any power :)

#4 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

Sounds to me like the contacts in the stalk are dirty/burnt, when you get dirty contacts then you get electrical resistance across the copper contacts and that makes heat and the copper weakens so it wont hardly reach, and yes Blue/red is the dip circuit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users