• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

Mmmm i love K-series engines. :) looking good mate, Keep those updates coming! It's getting me excit4ed about my next project *cough kseries* *cough 16V twin cam* :D

Is ur clubby done yet?

god no! still loving my clubman, just sketching out plans. My clubman is here to stay she's not goin anywhere in a hurry :o

sorry mate, momentary thread hijack there. continue forth!

#32 CanadianMiniFan

CanadianMiniFan

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:04 AM

a little more hijacking, why not just make the clubby a k-series? hey hey hey yeaaah good idea!:D

#33 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

Because I love the A-series and it's keeping it more original. If i'm gonna buy a mini to K-series i'll use a rusty old Mayfair or City E :D

#34 Peskett

Peskett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Local Club: 16v Mini Club forum

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:55 AM

Thought i'd show some pic of the car having the conversion done. As its no longer going in my bare shell as i want it done asap. The mini as it was was a h reg cooper fitted with a spi engine and loom this was done a far while back when the inj first came out. But was decided it was a rather poor swap. But saying that it never broke down all bar a couple of electrcal faults from MY dodgy wiring and crimping. And the fan got caught on the speedo cable and ripped all the blades off. That was about two years ago at the riv run. And its not been used sinse. Posted Image
Wouldn't beleive i only moved into the house at christmas :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
seen better days!
Posted Image

#35 Peskett

Peskett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Just orderd the door steps and sills for the car. Should be starting working on the body work tommorow with the removel of items for when the panels arrive :( The only thing i'm worried about with the build is the wiring :crazy: I may just pay an auto electrian to do it for me as i have no knoledge of wiring.

#36 Peskett

Peskett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

Not much of an update. But now i know it will go under a standard front end i chopped the old one off the trial car to get better acess while still doing the conversion.
Posted Image
Any one else used this type of ex manifold? As the top part sits closer to the block and the only part i've modded is the flange. And all i done the was rather than have four studs on each corner i cut off the two front studs an fitted one in the middle. Will see how it seals :teehee: But that means i can take the exhaust off while in the car without taking the front off :P

Also going to mod the n/s tower a little more so can move the engine more slightly that was as i can fit a standard oil filter housing on but would just like that little bit more clearance. i'll see if i can get a pic later.

#37 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

looks awesome i have to say, great pictures, me and a friend are looking at this nwo fir ideas, he's planning a 1.25 zetec lump into his estate and plans to get it all running in 4 days so i think you've jsut saved him a fair few hours work

#38 matbmx

matbmx

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local Club: S.A.S

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

i see the carbon fibre bonnet in the background, where u get it from?

#39 Peskett

Peskett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

I've had that about five years now :thumbsup: It was made by someone who works at aston martin for there own car and i purchased it from him. Keep meaning to put it on ebay but never get around to it.

#40 Peskett

Peskett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

Freshly rebuilt frame. As wasn't happy with the quality of the last.
I'll let the pictures explain. Just wainting for some new style rover 25 gearbox mounting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

i no a chap who put a 1.8vvc in the front of a metro, LOL! wrapped it round a tree, would beat anything on the road. This is just asking for trouble! but i cant wait to see it :D lol. goodluck mate :P ill be watching :thumbsup:

#42 Peskett

Peskett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

i no a chap who put a 1.8vvc in the front of a metro, LOL! wrapped it round a tree, would beat anything on the road. This is just asking for trouble! but i cant wait to see it :thumbsup: lol. goodluck mate :thumbsup: ill be watching :thumbsup:

The engine in the pic is a solid cam 1.8 not a vvc. just got the vvc inlet on there As its a bigger fannymould and want to cut the bulkhead for the better flowing one. vvc is good but i'd rather a bit of boost :thumbsup:

#43 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:29 AM

your a nutter mate! good to see it :lol:

#44 Peskett

Peskett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:27 AM

The reason for the lack of progress over the last few months!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Got fed up spending money on the mini and having nothing to go and play with so passed my bike test at the end of june and bought this straight after. Not really touched the mini since. But as the dark nights and wet weather is here. Progress has restarted on the mini over the last two weeks.
Originaly When i checked for clearance my tie bar wasn't located properly and when corrected the wheels touched the top bars on full lock when the suspention was at its highest point. modified side mountings to clear the wheels on full lock and engine mounted in frame again.
Posted Image

Almost on four wheels again :o
Posted Image

Posted Image

close up of my tie bar mounts almost ready for final welding after another gusset added to the underside.
Posted Image

Bulkhead clearance, Had to chop a smal section out
Posted Image

Veiw from the front top, The front bar will sit in the bumper recess
Posted Image

And starting the gussets in various areas
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members