#16 firstmini

firstmini

I love Carlos W more than my mini.

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:01 PM

Ha thats the NGH for you !

yep, not enough spaces for patients or staff even at 8am! complain onto deaf ears as they've got their own private parking!

#17 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Find her, get her to explain to your boss why you're late. Or, get someone with a 4x4 and drag her car out :) on my last tour I did it when a lazy arse parked in my labelled parking spot and refused to move because 'it was raining'. Works land rover + tow rope = happy Steve.

:highfive:  :bah:

#18 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

The best thing about living in Britain is the fact that the courtesy of queuing is so ingrained into most of us, that when someone breaks it, ordinary, mild mannered people turn into wild animals!

I did so myself a few weeks ago at a busy petrol station. Queuing up for the pumps, person at the front leaves, some t*at decides to speed around the queue before anyone else can move up.

I've never started an argument in my life! Yet couldn't resist the urge to go over and call him a not very nice word beginning with C! The fact that I and everyone else on the forecourt was shouting abuse at him seemed to have no impact on the arrogant sod though.

#19 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

Find her, get her to explain to your boss why you're late. Or, get someone with a 4x4 and drag her car out :) on my last tour I did it when a lazy arse parked in my labelled parking spot and refused to move because 'it was raining'. Works land rover + tow rope = happy Steve.

ha awesome, beats my poxy note!.

I'd never do it in civvy street, I'd probably be arrested!

#20 firstmini

firstmini

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

ha awesome, beats my poxy note!.

I'd never do it in civvy street, I'd probably be arrested!

time & a place for everything! can't imagine a parking attendant being keen on it, probably would just call police!

#21 firstmini

firstmini

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:31 AM

The best thing about living in Britain is the fact that the courtesy of queuing is so ingrained into most of us, that when someone breaks it, ordinary, mild mannered people turn into wild animals!

I did so myself a few weeks ago at a busy petrol station. Queuing up for the pumps, person at the front leaves, some t*at decides to speed around the queue before anyone else can move up.

I've never started an argument in my life! Yet couldn't resist the urge to go over and call him a not very nice word beginning with C! The fact that I and everyone else on the forecourt was shouting abuse at him seemed to have no impact on the arrogant sod though.

that's exactly how I felt, I've never started an argument and would rather think "ah well there's better things to think about" but I just blew up with this woman, more the fact that they're not bothered by what they've done is the worst part that annoys us the most. again the same with 2 people telling this woman I was in the right and to move but she didn't just walked off into work, seriously ignorant people out there. feel slightly better knowing everyone that walked passed her car yesterday would've seen the polite note wrote for her though.

#22 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:12 AM

You need to start car sharing.

2 or more people, one space, parking problem solved.

Where my wife works they have dedicated spaces for car share scheme people

#23 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

I am terrible in parking situations, slow moving traffic, behind slow vehicles and people who don't know what to do at a roundabout with multiple exits.

I blow up in a rage if someone annoys me, especially if they are in the wrong.

I interviewed fora job the other day and the MD of the company asked if i had any anger management issues? I said no but perhaps i should have added, 'except in parking situations' :lol:

I like watching people squirm when they realize they have done something wrong after you start shouting at them.

My other half is worse, If someone pulls out on us or a pedestrian steps out in front, she yells all sorts out of the window. I have to stop he sometimes as she doesn't consider who she is shouting at and we have been in a few sticky spots in the past.... 

#24 firstmini

firstmini

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

I'd love to be able to car share but have to go away from home to take my daughter to school then back towards town to get to work, I already drop her off at 8 everyday & the car park is mostly full by that point thats why I sit and wait for a space - spoke to the traffic warden this morning who actually opened up an extra space for me today as he saw what happened yesterday & he said at the min with half of it shut off while they "upgrade" the car park it's been full by 7.30... nothing I can do currently (apart from keep sweet talking the parking attendant!), was paying to use a normal car park in town then walking to work as the majority of roads around here are permit holders only.

I am terrible in parking situations, slow moving traffic, behind slow vehicles and people who don't know what to do at a roundabout with multiple exits.

I interviewed fora job the other day and the MD of the company asked if i had any anger management issues? I said no but perhaps i should have added, 'except in parking situations' :lol:

I like watching people squirm when they realize they have done something wrong after you start shouting at them.

My other half is worse, If someone pulls out on us or a pedestrian steps out in front, she yells all sorts out of the window. I have to stop he sometimes as she doesn't consider who she is shouting at and we have been in a few sticky spots in the past.... 

Ha ha I think you should've Ben, anger management for you I feel..... or more for your other half! She didn't squirm though, so obviously it was a 1 off ocassion.

#25 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

I think you're probably a bit like a ticking time bomb, you tick away for ages then erupt. 

I'd love to be able to car share but have to go away from home to take my daughter to school then back towards town to get to work, I already drop her off at 8 everyday & the car park is mostly full by that point thats why I sit and wait for a space - spoke to the traffic warden this morning who actually opened up an extra space for me today as he saw what happened yesterday & he said at the min with half of it shut off while they "upgrade" the car park it's been full by 7.30... nothing I can do currently (apart from keep sweet talking the parking attendant!), was paying to use a normal car park in town then walking to work as the majority of roads around here are permit holders only.

If everyone else car shared it'd free up spaces for you

#26 firstmini

firstmini

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

they took parking permits away from staff within 2 miles but didn't help really, it is bad the amount that probably could car share that decide not to... hopefully when this new 2nd story is built will help but until then they've took 100 spaces away...boo!

#27 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

they took parking permits away from staff within 2 miles but didn't help really, it is bad the amount that probably could car share that decide not to... hopefully when this new 2nd story is built will help but until then they've took 100 spaces away...boo!

Rightly so! You can walk that quickly. I cycle to and from work, just wish they had showers!

#28 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

I hate stuff like this. There are so many ignorant and rude drivers out there that have no sense, and no respect for others. It seems the whole world is out for themselves, and if you even suggest otherwise you are a sad old git. 

I'd have gone and got some broken glass or something and put it by her tyres (or got someone she didn't recognise to do it in case there is CCTV). 

My commute has changed recently and it is not 20 miles, about 18 of which is straight down the A1. One thing that does annoy me is the absolute gimps that storm up the inside of you, and pull in front of you, reducing the gap you had left to nothing and they make no further progress because like the rest of us, they are stuck surrounded by the sheer number of cars. 

I hate cocky smug people who think they are above everyone else, be it in a car or the street. 

Earlier in the year, we went to Barcelona for a long weekend. At the airport as we were about to get on the bus, a couple of lads just stepped into the really long queue for the bus. I went to say something and realised they spoke a different language, so my missus laid into them. They pleaded ignorance and pretended they didn't speak Spanish, although they clearly did. She then told the girls getting people on the bus, and despite other people in the queue backing her up, they did absolutely nothing about it and just left them there (although we did go in front of them). 

Unfortunately some people just think they are special. 

#29 firstmini

firstmini

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

I hate stuff like this. There are so many ignorant and rude drivers out there that have no sense, and no respect for others. It seems the whole world is out for themselves, and if you even suggest otherwise you are a sad old git. 

I'd have gone and got some broken glass or something and put it by her tyres (or got someone she didn't recognise to do it in case there is CCTV). 

My commute has changed recently and it is not 20 miles, about 18 of which is straight down the A1. One thing that does annoy me is the absolute gimps that storm up the inside of you, and pull in front of you, reducing the gap you had left to nothing and they make no further progress because like the rest of us, they are stuck surrounded by the sheer number of cars. 

I hate cocky smug people who think they are above everyone else, be it in a car or the street. 

Earlier in the year, we went to Barcelona for a long weekend. At the airport as we were about to get on the bus, a couple of lads just stepped into the really long queue for the bus. I went to say something and realised they spoke a different language, so my missus laid into them. They pleaded ignorance and pretended they didn't speak Spanish, although they clearly did. She then told the girls getting people on the bus, and despite other people in the queue backing her up, they did absolutely nothing about it and just left them there (although we did go in front of them). 

Unfortunately some people just think they are special.

I think that's what annoyed me more, she just wasn't bothered by what she done or the fact 3 people had told her she was in the wrong. I feel bad for people driving all day, I'd go insane with the amount of idiots out there - however like you said it's not only when people are in cars that they act arrogant and out for themselves only.

Edited by firstmini, 11 September 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#30 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:25 PM

It's when you walk into work to find that she's your new bosses boss that it doesn't end well

that happened to a complete muppet who worked at our place, he was in charge of parking (gives you an idea of the level) and he moaned at this woman for parking on the pavement on the part of the car park that isn't ours. She was the new boss for that place and then parked in exactly the same place every single day just to annoy him. It never stopped being funny.

As for the OP, I have had similar in the past and it's very annoying. The only thing that works without getting mad at them is to just put you car right behind theirs and then walk off laughing saying how you don't care as you are on a twelve hour shift etc. it's never failed me yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users