#31 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

It's when you walk into work to find that she's your new bosses boss that it doesn't end well

that happened to a complete muppet who worked at our place, he was in charge of parking (gives you an idea of the level) and he moaned at this woman for parking on the pavement on the part of the car park that isn't ours. She was the new boss for that place and then parked in exactly the same place every single day just to annoy him. It never stopped being funny.

As for the OP, I have had similar in the past and it's very annoying. The only thing that works without getting mad at them is to just put you car right behind theirs and then walk off laughing saying how you don't care as you are on a twelve hour shift etc. it's never failed me yet.

In charge of parking?  O_O  Sounds 'interesting'. :tumble:

#32 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

It's when you walk into work to find that she's your new bosses boss that it doesn't end well

that happened to a complete muppet who worked at our place, he was in charge of parking (gives you an idea of the level) and he moaned at this woman for parking on the pavement on the part of the car park that isn't ours. She was the new boss for that place and then parked in exactly the same place every single day just to annoy him. It never stopped being funny.
As for the OP, I have had similar in the past and it's very annoying. The only thing that works without getting mad at them is to just put you car right behind theirs and then walk off laughing saying how you don't care as you are on a twelve hour shift etc. it's never failed me yet.
are you old to remember That's life on telly? They used to a jobsworth feature and the winner got a hat, I am sure he had a collection of them somewhere..........

#33 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

are you old to remember That's life on telly? They used to a jobsworth feature and the winner got a hat, I am sure he had a collection of them somewhere..........

Don't think so. >_<  :shy:

#34 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

Don't think so. >_<  :shy:
it was really naff, but they used to get people writing in about some little hitler who was a complete pedant. They would award them the jobsworth hat, late 70s early 80s I think. I would put a link to YouTube but it's really not worth it.

#35 peter-b

peter-b

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Local Club: still looking

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

I got a laugh ages ago when a loud mouthed woman in a small beaten up sedan cue jumped in a servo , then when challenged by the guy in the 4x4 she cut off, she just laughed at him. She stopped laughing quick smart when he started pushing her little sh!+box off the forecourt with his truck whist being cheered on by everyone else. She just threw the hose down and got in and drove off.....minus her fuel.
I wish I'd had a dash cam, it would have been a top youtube video.

#36 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

*Insert shotgun here* that sorts out 99% of first world problems

#37 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Don't know if reaching for the shot gun is quite the answer, but I feel times were much better and safer when the local copper could kick a misguided kid in the bum to help steering him back on to the rails, these days, the poor copper would end up on some stupid assault charge.

#38 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

PC gone mad.  ;D  =]

#39 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:56 AM

PC gone mad.  ;D  =]

PC = Political Correctness?   Yes, that not only needs a kick in the bum too, but binning as well.

#40 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:56 AM

Don't know if reaching for the shot gun is quite the answer, but I feel times were much better and safer when the local copper could kick a misguided kid in the bum to help steering him back on to the rails, these days, the poor copper would end up on some stupid assault charge.

There is no respect for the police anymore.

A child who doesn't respect their parents will never respect anyone.

#41 firstmini

firstmini

I love Carlos W more than my mini.

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:08 AM

Completely agree, it all starts form such a young age - no discipline from the beginning then there's no chance later on! Wow feel like I sound old!

#42 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

Completely agree, it all starts form such a young age - no discipline from the beginning then there's no chance later on! Wow feel like I sound old!

too many kids being dragged up...

#43 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:16 PM

We had an instance this morning of someone with absolutely no patience on the road.

My dad and I had to retrieve his focus this morning after it broke down (surprise surprise, a broken ford  :rolleyes: ). On the way back from the garage, down our road (a small country lane) we met someone coming the other way. No problem usually but this time we were towing a trailer.

Normally down my roads there is an unwritten rule that is whoever is closest to the gate way backs up to let the other one past (to be honest this tends to occur on all small roads). The exceptions to this rule is if you meet a articulated lorry, bus, farm vehicle with trailer or anything else that might be towing something making it more difficult to reverse, if you are the smaller of the two vehicles you back up.

Neither of us could believe it when some woman in a discovery pulled out of the turning for the riding school near us, headed towards and then preceded to drive up onto the grass verge to try and get past us. My dad even said as she was coming towards us "Is she going to stop?". From the turning she should have seen us coming down the road so could should have waited.

The woman driving did eventually stop, right when she got along side us and then realised she couldn't get any further as the trailer we were towing was wider than the car so was blocking her way. Considering it had a ford focus on it, it was kind of obvious that it was there. She then put her window down and asked if my dad could back up. Needless to say both my dad and I were stunned.

My dad said "Pardon" I'm guessing because he couldn't quite believe that she had just asked him to back up, and after she repeated herself my dad turned round and said "You're kidding right?"

After a small argument between my dad (who really doesn't like confrontation) and this woman by now two other vehicles had come up the road behind her. I had to get out, lock the brakes on the trailer off and help my dad reverse back about 400 yards into a gate way to let the stupid woman past. We let the other two vehicles past and then set off again.

I can't believe that there are people that stupid on the roads.

#44 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

We had an instance this morning of someone with absolutely no patience on the road.

My dad and I had to retrieve his focus this morning after it broke down (surprise surprise, a broken ford  :rolleyes: ). On the way back from the garage, down our road (a small country lane) we met someone coming the other way. No problem usually but this time we were towing a trailer.

Normally down my roads there is an unwritten rule that is whoever is closest to the gate way backs up to let the other one past (to be honest this tends to occur on all small roads). The exceptions to this rule is if you meet a articulated lorry, bus, farm vehicle with trailer or anything else that might be towing something making it more difficult to reverse, if you are the smaller of the two vehicles you back up.

Neither of us could believe it when some woman in a discovery pulled out of the turning for the riding school near us, headed towards and then preceded to drive up onto the grass verge to try and get past us. My dad even said as she was coming towards us "Is she going to stop?". From the turning she should have seen us coming down the road so could should have waited.

The woman driving did eventually stop, right when she got along side us and then realised she couldn't get any further as the trailer we were towing was wider than the car so was blocking her way. Considering it had a ford focus on it, it was kind of obvious that it was there. She then put her window down and asked if my dad could back up. Needless to say both my dad and I were stunned.

My dad said "Pardon" I'm guessing because he couldn't quite believe that she had just asked him to back up, and after she repeated herself my dad turned round and said "You're kidding right?"

After a small argument between my dad (who really doesn't like confrontation) and this woman by now two other vehicles had come up the road behind her. I had to get out, lock the brakes on the trailer off and help my dad reverse back about 400 yards into a gate way to let the stupid woman past. We let the other two vehicles past and then set off again.

I can't believe that there are people that stupid on the roads.

Our road is an unadopted road and the turning in from the main road is on a blind corner. We have to cross the other lane on the blind corner to get into our road.

Coming the other way into the blind bend, there are signs on the tarmac and on road signs warning drivers to slow down as there are cars turning in the road.

99% of drivers coming down ignore this and continue at speed so it is a complete lottery for us as to whether anyone is going to come round at speed as we pull across the road to turn in.

bbXvxG5.png

The silver car represents where i would sit before turning into our road which is the track on the right.

everytime is a complete gamble. You literally cannot see if anything is coming the other way at any time until it is too late. I have had many near misses due to people speeding round the bend as it is/would be a fast corner without our turning.

I know it's a bit off topic but what you said reminded me

#45 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:58 PM

There is single track cobbled bridge near me, I had a women waiting for me to reverse even though A- I was over halfway over the bridge and B- I was on my motorbike!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users