#1 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

Some more developments are currenlty in progress for this conversion. The plenum design has now been tweaked, to accomodate both styles of throttle body, the inlet runners have been extended to give further clearance on the bulkhead, and inlet trumpets added. The exhaust manifolds are currently being jigged up for these too, which will be made from 304 stainless. An increase in pipe diameter will be used along with a 4 into 1 collector to help free up some horsepower. I have also been asked to make a custom alternator bracket up for these, as it is apparent that the Nippon Denso alternators need to be used due to there smaller size. If there are any other parts required for this conversion, just let us know and we will see if we can accomodate for these parts!

Here is the new plenum!

a48708c53496460c5e9d847f105d7d65_zpsxcxm

28f0f7fc2636fccbd4d5cfd49ee420c7_zpsvyg0

e0451674a34d6b7e9512dca4237047a2_zpsxauq

1bd3f8d81233b2ccb3bd6d6d73442c2a_zpsyyqv

#2 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:58 PM

Awesommmeee!!!

#3 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Niki. A guy called Bobby popped round this week, he said you'd pointed him in my direction...appreciate that. I've got an exhaust to copy now, so watch this space. 😃

#4 ninham

ninham

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

Looks great, I will be doing a Micra conversion, getting my engine out on Thursday. How much would these cost?
Would try it my self but I have no way of welding stainless yet.

Edited by ninham, 20 September 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#5 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

Looks good!

Will be great to get a decent exhaust manifold made for these conversions.
Plenty of people have used the standard alternator though.

#6 ToddM

ToddM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

Hi, how much for the intake and exhaust manifolds? I won't be using a servo so don't need a servo take off on the intake. What fuel rails and throttle bodies can be fitted to it?  Does the exhaust come with a place to screw in the lambda? Full decat/sits close to the engine? What is the diameter of the exit pipe?

#7 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

These inlet chambers are built for the standard injection rail from the micra, the same for the throttle body, its for the standard micra item although i know the micra gang put another type on there but they are quite sought after and expensive. That said, im pretty sure matty can do anything custom for you so if you have other injection rails etc in mind he can cater for this.
You will have to provide your inlet mainfold for him to use the flange off it.

#8 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Mini Club

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

Looks great, I will be doing a Micra conversion, getting my engine out on Thursday. How much would these cost?

Pretty sure it it you would need to be set up for aluminium welding not stainless. :-)

#9 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying, for some reason none of these replies flagged up on my alerts! The price for these start at £270. I have the details on my website of different option. Custom setups also welcome.

Edited by matty..., 06 October 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#10 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:57 PM

Looks good!
Will be great to get a decent exhaust manifold made for these conversions.
Plenty of people have used the standard alternator though.

The exhaust manifolds are in progress, I should have the first one finished this week. This is going into a Micra to be later fitted into a mini. This will be made to run with a 1 3/4" system, but it is possible to make it to fit a 2" system.

36fdf98a51cdcd723d54a1f8aafd7c04_zpsmxqu

ecf2a448881fb27dff98b6e120c7a8fa_zpsraqf

#11 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

Hi, how much for the intake and exhaust manifolds? I won't be using a servo so don't need a servo take off on the intake. What fuel rails and throttle bodies can be fitted to it?  Does the exhaust come with a place to screw in the lambda? Full decat/sits close to the engine? What is the diameter of the exit pipe?

Plenums start at £270, and as 666junky says it allows fitment of all the standard injectors,fuel rail and throttle body. The Vacuum takeoffs can be made to suit your requirements on these, most have 2 x 10mm and 2 x 6mm take offs. I have made these for both type of throttle body now, the throttle bodies are quite different on the later engines, but the mounting flange is very similar. They can also be made to suit any other aftermarket throttle body, but for aftermarket throttle bodies, I would need the throttle body to make sure the fitment is correct.

The exhausts have a built in lambda boss on the side (not in picture above) and should have 35mm clearance on the front panel using an Allspeed subframe. I will confirm this when the first manifold is fitted up. price is yet to be confirmed, they'll be around the £450 for the manifold and link pipe to join onto a standard mini centre section.

Edited by matty..., 06 October 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#12 bluemini1979

bluemini1979

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

Plenums start at £270, and as 666junky says it allows fitment of all the standard injectors,fuel rail and throttle body. The Vacuum takeoffs can be made to suit your requirements on these, most have 2 x 10mm and 2 x 6mm take offs. I have made these for both type of throttle body now, the throttle bodies are quite different on the later engines, but the mounting flange is very similar. They can also be made to suit any other aftermarket throttle body, but for aftermarket throttle bodies, I would need the throttle body to make sure the fitment is correct.
The exhausts have a built in lambda boss on the side (not in picture above) and should have 35mm clearance on the front panel using an Allspeed subframe. I will confirm this when the first manifold is fitted up. price is yet to be confirmed, they'll be around the £450 for the manifold and link pipe to join onto a standard mini centre section.

On your website what's the difference between with trumpets and without. What are the trumpets?
Just starting my conversion and interested

#13 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

The trumpets are the bell mouths on the end of the inlet runners, inside the plenum itself. They help direct the air flow, and stop the air from slowing as it changes direction quickly, so you will get a larger volume of air per induction stroke, which should equal more torque/power.

Edited by matty..., 07 October 2015 - 09:43 PM.

#14 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

The Micra manifold is now all finished, ready for trial fitment! The final part of the downpipe will be finished on the car, so I should have these will be available soon, once I am happy with the fitment and clearance.

34ab40bfb6ec4752d80e0904069d8acd_zpsqf4m

13f4e41d8a7ca33ea1443c314799b25c_zpsm9nx

4239f6875e6fc4a79b8aa7c77c1afa2a_zpswxr0

Edited by matty..., 11 October 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#15 ninham

ninham

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

Any news on manifold?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users