Photo
- - - - -

Busa Fuel System - Pump, Pressure Regulator Etc.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pkmeb

pkmeb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

I'm thinking about my fuel system.

As I see it I have a few options concerning where to mount the fuel pump, either in the tank or mount it externally.  Whether to mount the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) in the tank with the pump or to have it near the fuel rail.  Whether to use a pump with a built in FPR or use a separate one.

Mounting the pump in the tank seems to have advantages in that the pre filter is also mounted in the tank.  But mounting the pump in the tank could result in "dead heading" the fuel supply if the pressure regulator is also part of the pump assembly, or positioned near the tank.

I think mounting the FPR near the engine and having a return line feed the swirl pot in the bottom of the tank is preferable.  This would also guarantee that the fuel rail receives fuel at the correct pressure and any losses between the FPR and the rail are minimised.

So what do you think?  Any recommendations regarding in tank or out of tank pumps?  I see that the Zcars tank is supplied with a pump fitted does it have a built in FPR? Does anyone know what pump Z cars use?

Any thoughts or advise would be very much appreciated.

#2 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

for reasons im sure you will understand i'm not going to tell you exactly what fuel pump we use but i can tell you it has a build in pre filter but not a built in pressure regulator.

we use a filter/regualtor at the front of the car with a return to the tank kept short

regards

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users