459 replies to this topic

#16 WMU 211G

WMU 211G

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

Brings back memory's, that flag pole under rear wheel is what fell in front wing and bonnet and caused a dent, I found some old show passes in car from late nineties. Let me know if you find anything as trying to avoid new parts as much as I can, are you a member of cooper register,

I'll have a dig around at the weekend and see what's left over from my car (probably only sme smaller parts), and yes I'm in the MCR, also post occasionally on the MCR and Mk1.performance forums (same user name as here) ;-)

#17 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

Same here I am also on those forums with same user name. I am glad I have found time to restore this one as I have had it so long I couldn't part with it, finally got the time to do it properly.

#18 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Wow! Daz does it really need a full floor? Looks pretty solid from pictures boot floor looks good to. Cheers Tom

#19 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:48 PM

It's been repaired with poor quality panels in the past and a few patches, also tunnel is a bit crusty I want it right and to last so think it's best way to go probably quicker and easier as well,

#20 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

ahh right best way then atleast it will all be new and solid for many years. Can't wait to see progress👍 cheers Tom

#21 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

Been told 3 weeks delivery for floor so need to order this week will brace shell and cut out old one and repair toe board while I wait, need some gas for welder and some 1mm slitting discs, have bought a spot welder as well to make things neater,

#22 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:42 AM

Looking forward to seeing the progress, going to be a right little stunner this when its done... not to many nice mk2 coopers about these days :) Good luck with the work

#23 WMU 211G

WMU 211G

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

It's been repaired with poor quality panels in the past and a few patches, also tunnel is a bit crusty I want it right and to last so think it's best way to go probably quicker and easier as well,

Might as well start as you mean to go on... I struck lucky with mine as the floor, bulkhead and toeboards were fine, but the inner & outer sills and door steps needed replacing, not to mention the boot floor, inner & outer A panels, repairs to both A posts, new front wings, front panel, door skins etc. When we stripped the car down and took the rear bumper off the bottom valance came away with it. The rain strips on the roof needed removing and putting back on as well, it had already been restored twenty four years ago but some of it was bodged so we had to put right all the mistakes, the rear panel was full of filler and one of the tail lights was mounted an inch higher than the other so we put a complete new panel on..!

Nice to see your car has has factory recliners, mine are Newton replicas fitted by the previous owner.

This is how it looked just before the second resto started...

%201968%20DSCF5307_zpshqegdowz.jpg

After...

IMG_4906_zpsl4gfioqm.jpg

#24 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:39 AM

The mk2 S is so cool. This one above looks perfect! 

#25 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

Looks wicked loving the poke from the wheels :P

#26 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

that looks very nice, think I saw a resto thread somewhere but cant remember where

#27 WMU 211G

WMU 211G

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

that looks very nice, think I saw a resto thread somewhere but cant remember where

Cheers... it's on here somewhere and over on the Mk1 forum. Still haven't finished the engine bay yet, I really need to crack on with it as the editor of Miniworld says she wants to do a feature on it soon.

Apologies for hijacking your thread... let's see some more pics of your car!

#28 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

It's not hijacking its inspiration, looking at those pics makes me want to keep the d1 wheels, just hoping I can keep the 7 inch discs as they fit just inside arches with those so no problem come mot.
Only update today is I have ordered my floor and doorsteps from m machine, just got to wait until they are delivered, hoping I can get the shell ready for when it arrives. Then at least I have a solid square base to build from.
It comes unpainted so might put a coat of epoxy on before fitting as it will help prevent rusting while I sort the rest out.
Are the newton recliners different to originals then as I would have thought if they are making something they would get it right, mine were bought years ago before prices got stupid. They defo make a difference on longer journeys though.

Edited by Daz1968, 24 September 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#29 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

IMG_4906_zpsl4gfioqm.jpg[/url]

That is stunning!

#30 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

Been told 3 weeks delivery for floor so need to order this week will brace shell and cut out old one and repair toe board while I wait, need some gas for welder and some 1mm slitting discs, have bought a spot welder as well to make things neater,

Are you retaining the round tunnel or have you managed to get a mk1 / 2 floorpan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users