Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:12 AM
6A5F7FF4-FB64-4B40-A142-DE39E811CC9D by darren carr, on FlickrThanks
Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:37 PM
Been difficult finding time to do anything lately. Managed to get a few parts from himley show last week and got a few bits done this weekend.
A picture showing door fit, was best I could get after spending a lot of time on it before paint.
C273EB1C-600B-40D8-A0B8-BB60A1B2E1AF by darren carr, on Flickr
I trimmed all the remaining bits of carpet and trimmed around steering column to finalise fit, pretty pleased with the carpet just needs a hell of a vacuuming to get the felt bits off the top pile.
55142D32-AAF3-45E9-BB94-D453EF2E2880 by darren carr, on Flickr
Then I stripped, cleaned out and painted the tanks, hell of a job to do, took a couple of weekends to clean out properly. Used bilthamber kit and it worked ok, as for stripping the outside I tried some rustins paint stripper but it wasn’t having any of it. So I purchased some starchem synstip which although more dangerous to use actually did the job that was intended, so then cleaned them up, etch primed and a couple of coats of black, got all the tank straps in position so once fully dry I can install the tanks, hopefully get bootlid on shortly then.
C87CFAED-58D5-44B2-8BD7-A051C76A757A by darren carr, on Flickr
D6CB1168-1402-4456-B53B-CAF22DC92946 by darren carr, on Flickr
Should start coming together now
Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:17 PM
Looking really good, it won't be too much longer until it is back on the road.
Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:22 PM
After a few hours of trimming and compressing I managed to get the drivers side rear quarter window fitted as best as I can, hopefully the seals will compress a bit more in time and improve the fit.just the other side to do now.
71F6CDAE-FF19-46E6-82FB-CC556FB15576 by darren carr, on Flickr
Have managed to get the tanks installed and fit the boot board, bootlid etc. And add the badges to bootlid, was lucky to get some nos badges only old part left is the bonnet badge surround, but the original is acceptable to use, I tried a repro one but it didn’t fit the plastic insert properly.
0D293482-17AB-425F-881D-8F31020ACC55 by darren carr, on Flickr
6AB8345A-364E-4F3E-89BD-C086B70723FF by darren carr, on Flickr
A1C319B0-45F9-4E59-89BC-AD8AE3E417F7 by darren carr, on Flickr
Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:01 AM
You're doing a stunning job on this car. Can't wait to see it finished
Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:14 PM
Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:38 PM
Got the rear screen chrome trim fitted
4CCE4AC6-F3A7-463C-8C88-6536D02B6095 by darren carr, on Flickr
Then the front one and nos trico blades on my cleaned up originals and adjusted the self parking as motor had been dismantled.
DBFBF4A7-71B1-4042-9BE3-383FBC8F1C26 by darren carr, on Flickr
Then I fitted the door chrome surrounds
6EE1EE47-1672-45C3-85FD-AF7665A42210 by darren carr, on Flickr
2F61C8C2-E40A-4D6D-B725-B9A7CC7149D4 by darren carr, on Flickr
I then tested most the electrics as I had connected a battery to set the wiper motor.
Only issue I have is the headlamp flash not working although the dip and main beam selector switch works fine, so will have to take a look at the switch I think,
Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:30 PM
Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:51 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users