41 replies to this topic

#1 casual_james

casual_james

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

So the other day my uncle mentioned in passing that there was a mini sat in his neighbours garden. I asked him to send me some photos so I could see whether it was some long lost mk1 cooper s. While it doesn't look like that's the case, I would still like to know what model and year it is (or at least ball park!). It's in Spain hence it being a lefty, aside from that I have the two photos below to go on. Even though this is a pretty long shot I thought if there is anyone out there who can help me they will probably be on here! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Files

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Looks like it could be an innocenti 

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,899 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

might be but...

Wings?

But worth a good look.

#4 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

Did all the inno's come with quarter glass in the door? and indicators on the front of the wings?

#5 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:10 PM

possibly innocenti grill - chrome bar

mk3 > shell (internal hinge , wind up windows std no 1/4 light window - strange (or broken) door handle ?

opening rear 1/4 windows

webasto or fabric roll back roof 

rostyle wheels ? 10''

rear plate std - could still be bolted to inno boot lid

safety belts

bet the floor is soil now

so my guess is a std mk3 1970 > with inno grille

but could be an inno with a new front end & doors

why do kids have to break glass ? - I must have been a strange kid , never see the fun in vandalizing things

Edited by sledgehammer, 23 September 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#6 casual_james

casual_james

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

Yeah sledgehammer I only really find fun in putting things back together rather than smashing them up! You guys have got a lot further than I have. Is there something specific I can ask him to take a look at which can either rule out or confirm whether it is a innocenti? Don't know how willing he will be to hop back over the garden wall, but if there is something I can ask him to check he might be up for it!

#7 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

As it is in Spain and has no quarterlight windows in the doors it is more likely to be the rare Spainish built 'Authi Mini' which was very similar to the Italian Innocenti.

Mini overseas : Spain

"from October 1970, the Mark III bodyshell was utilized (unusually, this was more closely related to the UK bodyshell than those from Italy). The 1275GT was also introduced, although Authi never offered in with the Clubman-style body, but with the same front end as all their other Minis.

In October 1973, and in a move completely out of step with the parent company back in the UK, Authi launched its own Mini-Cooper. Outwardly, the Authi Mini-Cooper looked identical to the Innocenti Mini-Cooper thanks to its Rostyle wheels, but it was unique in many ways. According to Simon Wheatcroft of Mini Magazine “…on prototype cars, the front vertical seam covers were actually made in stainless steel but they had reverted to the more common painted type by the time production had commenced”. Other unique features were the Authi instrumentation and blacked-in Rostyle wheels. The roof was covered in vinyl, while rear wash/wipe and chromed interior door grab handles featured on the options list.

Just under 4,000 Authi Mini-Coopers were sold during its two-year production run, out of a total 126,387 Minis. In 1975, it all ended, when British Leyland sold the Authi operation to SEAT."

http://www.aronline....overseas-spain/

Some Spanish Mini's including a couple of Authi versions are for sale in the link below.....even this Authi has mistakenly been listed as an Innocenti because the grille was the same....

The Radford Mk1 in the ad may actually be an early Wood & Pickett, the Innocenti is actually a rare Authi and the third Mini could be a very rare Authi 1275GT which never had the Uk style Clubman front.....

http://www.carandcla....uk/car/C658733

Edited by mab01uk, 23 September 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#8 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

Pic of the engine bay , boot lid , dash , door cards

#9 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

As it is in Spain and has no quarterlight windows in the doors it is more likely to be the rare Authi Mini which was very similar to the Italian Innocenti.

so that would make sense of the vinyl roof & rostyles , did the authi mini have a normal mk3 boot lid ?

Edited by sledgehammer, 23 September 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#10 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

As it is in Spain and has no quarterlight windows in the doors it is more likely to be the rare Authi Mini which was very similar to the Italian Innocenti.

so that would make sense of the vinyl roof & rostyles , did the authi mini have a normal mk3 boot lid ?

Yes

Authi%20Mini_zps8equevk2.jpg

Authi%20Mini-2_zps0q3zru62.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 23 September 2015 - 11:27 PM.

#11 62S

62S

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Local Club: You must be joking!

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

did the authi mini have a normal mk3 boot lid ?

Yes, a Mk 3 Authi did have a UK style Mk 3 boot lid.

#12 62S

62S

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Local Club: You must be joking!

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

This shows the correct bootlid and badging - and the vinyl roof.

authi-mini-cooper-07.jpg

#13 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:31 PM

So the other day my uncle mentioned in passing that there was a mini sat in his neighbours garden. I asked him to send me some photos so I could see whether it was some long lost mk1 cooper s. While it doesn't look like that's the case, I would still like to know what model and year it is (or at least ball park!). It's in Spain hence it being a lefty, aside from that I have the two photos below to go on. Even though this is a pretty long shot I thought if there is anyone out there who can help me they will probably be on here! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

It may not be a long lost Mk1 Cooper S but it is a long lost Authi Mini Cooper built in Spain and well worth saving! :mrcool:

#14 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

Authi Mini Cooper ad

advnuevocooper_zpssyboeuea.jpg

#15 casual_james

casual_james

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:40 PM

I agree, definitely worth saving! I'm going to see if I can get some photos of the interior and maybe under the bonnet. Will put the pictures up if I get them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users