3 replies to this topic

#1 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:29 PM

right ive got perfect floors that need painting, i have bought some good old hammerite that i want to coat it in. my question is how do i prep it ready for the painting i.e removing the dust and C**p? what is the best way to clean it? i was thinking a hoover and paintbrush for the dust but what about making it grease free, would white spirit be of any use?

#2 TWINKS

TWINKS

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

right ive got perfect floors that need painting, i have bought some good old hammerite that i want to coat it in. my question is how do i prep it ready for the painting i.e removing the dust and C**p? what is the best way to clean it? i was thinking a hoover and paintbrush for the dust but what about making it grease free, would white spirit be of any use?

i would suggest using wire brush,wipe over with a degreaser or panel wipe white spirt would do.a quick rub ober with some 240 dry paper and then paint away

#3 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

wouldnt the 240 make more dust? or do i clean after that?

#4 TWINKS

TWINKS

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

wouldnt the 240 make more dust? or do i clean after that?

yes it will and will need to clean it off if no air line then hoover will do,then degrease,you need to rub down to give paint a key nothing to heavy should only take bout 10min.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users