#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

A Widowers’ distinctive Riley Elf has been stolen prior to an event to raise funds in memory of his wife, who sadly lost her battle with cancer.

A Widowers’ distinctive Riley Elf has been stolen

Roger Courd, aged 75, parked his red Riley Elf outside his house on Homefield Road, Old Coulsdon around 2130 last Friday, the evening before its anticipated arrival during a charity event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, held at the nearby Oasis Academy in Coulsdon.

However, the car was missing the following morning. The beloved 48-year-old Riley (similar to the picture above) had been stolen.

Although worth little over £3000, the Elf had been painstakingly restored at a cost in excess of £10,000, residing in the family for the last 25 years. Used for rallies and further events to help raise a whopping £700,000 for the cancer care charity after his wife passed away four and a half years ago, Mr Gourd and the classic car world are up in arms.

Mr Gourd was predominantly distressed at the prospect the Riley could no longer be used to raise charity funds.

"I’m still seething over it", Mr Gourd said. "I’m annoyed, why couldn’t they leave it alone? They can get another car, a modern car, leave my car alone."

"I've got a number of nice classical cars, and whenever anyone wants to have a charity event, I'll bring some cars along to draw in some people,"

"I just want to show the people somewhere out there [who stole the Riley] that it was being used for charity events and sadly, it will no longer.

"I hope it's a spur-of-the-moment theft. If it isn't, then I've lost it for good."

The classic car community are spreading the word in the event that the Elf, registration plate TGC 596E, is spotted. Holding the body shell of a classic mini but with a longer boot, the Riley Elf is distinctive enough to catch anyone’s eye.

With a completely refurbished engine and on sporty tyres filled with Nitrogen, donning distinctive green-tipped vales, if you catch sight of the beloved Riley you can contact the Metropolitan Police Service.

Officers are appealing for information, and anyone who can help is asked to contact Croydon Police's CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference 3827312/15.

http://www.classicca...m_content=news3

Edited by mab01uk, 25 October 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#2 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

i know the owner of  the elf pictured and could i request the number plate is blanked out to stop confusion 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users