#16 acrowot

acrowot

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Local Club: manchester minis

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

i can get the tanks and rads made if the dimensions are available and probably most over parts i race autograss class 5 and 7 that are very simular

#17 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

The rad can be bought for cheap on ebay or any other car parts supplier.

The tank is a totally different story though...and your help would be greatly appreciated i think acrowot!!

#18 acrowot

acrowot

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Local Club: manchester minis

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:25 AM

i can get most parts made my m8 does fabrication makes a lot of race car parts

#19 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

Cptkirk what fuel pressure regulator should be used I think I need 3.5 bar I have ordered a bosch 044 pump an do I need a fuel rail adapter or anything else for the fuel system and in your diagram it shows the regulator on the return pipe is that where it goes should it not go before the fuel rail I haven't got massive knowledge on where to put parts I thought the regulator went just after the pump in the front any help will be apreceated thanks

#20 Normal

Normal

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

A simple SARD fuel pressure regulator is OK.

On my Zcars Volvo i use a standard Jenvey Fuel Rail with the SARD regulator at the end but on Honda i don't know if this model of rail could be use.

#21 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:32 AM

Webcon make a 3.5bar specific FPR:

http://www.webcon.co...xd.asp?id=12866

In answer to your question about placement yes that is correct, I initially thought the same but had it confirmed by Webcon as the exact placement - My setup has a low pressure filter before the fuel pump.

EFIsystemcomponents.jpg

Edited by cptkirk, 09 November 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#22 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

Ok thanks still don't understand but I will go with it I have ordered one of those regulators you recommended so hopefully I shouldn't have any issues thanks again

#23 BLING BLING WHEELZ

BLING BLING WHEELZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

Quick question are the front break caliper flexi lines standard mini ones have the wilwood breaks thanks
Lines from the caliper to subframe thanks

#24 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hi all do the fuel tanks have to be certified for the iva test or can I have a local fabrication firm make me 1 and if they have to be certified where can I get 1 made thanks

#25 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:15 PM

acrowot; I will keep your in my dairy, as your local as well. thanks.

i can get the tanks and rads made if the dimensions are available and probably most over parts i race autograss class 5 and 7 that are very similar

#26 paul marsh

paul marsh

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

hi I have a z car radiator  up for sale im the guy in January mini mag if interested give me a shout

#27 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:38 PM

Is it alloy?

#28 vteckirky

vteckirky

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hi, I,m building a z cars vtec mini, I believe from a good source that z cars will be continuing business but probably with new owners! This means parts and info should be possible but not sure when!!
I have had a couple of years not doing much on my mini as my house took priority, I'm hoping to continue work again soon!
I would like to have a look at, and talk to capt Kirk so was wondering what shows you are likely to be doing this year??
I have made quite a few of my own moulds to allow parts to be made in carbon fibre, does anyone have any advice on who I could use for this?? ( the guy I was going to use is a bit unreliable!!
Thanks.

#29 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hi, I,m building a z cars vtec mini, I believe from a good source that z cars will be continuing business but probably with new owners! This means parts and info should be possible but not sure when!!
I have had a couple of years not doing much on my mini as my house took priority, I'm hoping to continue work again soon!
I would like to have a look at, and talk to capt Kirk so was wondering what shows you are likely to be doing this year??
I have made quite a few of my own moulds to allow parts to be made in carbon fibre, does anyone have any advice on who I could use for this?? ( the guy I was going to use is a bit unreliable!!
Thanks.

Another Kirky......good man.

Les at Custom Minis could be your man for that work. He is Midlands based.

I am aiming to try and attend the Rockingham day in June/July time (cant remember the exact dates of the top of my head). I am moving house soon so I am afraid that's going to take over my plans this year. Unsure where you're based but if you find yourself around the Chichester area/Goodwood give me a shout as I am only a handful of miles from Chichester and will continue to be even when I move.

#30 vteckirky

vteckirky

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

Hi, I've checked the dates for Rockingham and its 10th July so I'll be making one for that!!
Don't suppose you have any contact details for Custom minis?? I've tried on net but can't seem to get anything!!
You seem to be a man in the know so can't wait to catch up for a chat, I live near J33 M1 so don't think I'll be down your way before Rock!!
Cheers n see ya then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users