#1 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:43 PM

EDIT - Apparently people are in discussions to take over Zcars, if you do and you are reading this please work really hard to improve the customer service, meet the expectations of customers, even talk to them and find out what they would like, talk to old customers to find out what the issues where. I know we all get busy at times but ignoring people/not meeting deadlines when they have handed over a load of their hard earned cash is not the way to meet customer expectations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would appear that Zcars is in the hands of the receivers. This is not hearsay, I have it on good authority.

A sad day for the product, their post sale customer service, however, will not be missed as for many (including myself at times) it has been an absolute nightmare. Over the years I have had many people telling me their woes of dealing with the company, same story every time, kit ordered, handed over money then getting anything from them is like pulling teeth. Lack of response to questions/ask five questions get a response to one being the biggest problem.

However this leaves the current owners in a sticky position, as although Steve, from Zcars, posts on here would lead you to believe that nothings a secret, there are many things about the cars that aren't known, for example all the rose joint sizes on the car, these are consumables, like the brake discs. What happens now if I need a new brake disc for my mini, who the F do I go to? it will be a case of having to reverse engineer everything or as I have found in the past is that these things can be found elsewhere but you need to measure them up then go hunting.

I think now, more than any other time, it is important to gather as much information about the cars as possible. If you have any information about the cars please post them in this thread, it might stand as the only place to get information now they are closed for good.

Edited by cptkirk, 10 November 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#2 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:47 PM

Such a shame as their products were great!  Same old story of small company spending more time making stuff rather than keeping customers informed and happy after the point of sale.  I'm sure if they were more involved in forums, posted regularly and showed their latest stuff off to fans and potential customers, they wouldn't be in this position.

Sad day, as I've always been a fan :(

#3 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

I amazed I thought they were making loads of money, this is really surprising

David

#4 minivan2007

minivan2007

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

Yeah sad day , surely someone's going to buy it , any one know the name of the receivers ? And would there be interest from any one wanting to be investors? Good way to keep it going

#5 Pete649

Pete649

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

I think it all started when Chris left some time ago to move onto his wind turbine project. Up until then I found the customer care great.

#6 burchy35

burchy35

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

I am very sure they will soon be trading again even though it may be under a different name. I understand that they had a full order book. They had some very talented lads working for them doing some great work.

#7 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:09 AM

What a shame,the business has gone to the wall.
I just hope all the people who have paid deposits for parts get them!
As cptkirk said it sounds like a great idea to start collating all the important info on the car in one thread so we can all benefit.

#8 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:26 AM

Bump - changes to first post......

#9 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

This is a massive shame. There appears to be lots of people out there who are incredibly talented engineers, panel beaters, painters etc who know absolutely nothing about how to run a business.

And that's where it all falls down

#10 MotorinFool

MotorinFool

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local Club: Puget Sound Minis

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

Sad that so many people go screwed over.  Hopefully someone does take over the company and makes it better.  I would like to do a vtec build someday...

#11 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

Hello all. I bought a second had vtec mini zcar 2 weeks ago after spending many hours on youtube watching cptkirk supercharged monster (swear its been for sale recently?)
Really sorry to hear about all the issues with people owed money etc but these things can happen, its very difficult running a business.

Few concerns now hence the request to get back to topic.
What happens to the value of second hand zcars now?
Can we get the original thread going re spare parts.
Wishbones, rose joints, brake parts etc. It would be nice to have a complete listing of the parts used for owners please

#12 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Hello all. I bought a second had vtec mini zcar 2 weeks ago after spending many hours on youtube watching cptkirk supercharged monster (swear its been for sale recently?)

FYI it hasn't been for sale recently...

#13 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

Really sorry to hear about all the issues with people owed money etc but these things can happen, its very difficult running a business.
Few concerns now hence the request to get back to topic.
What happens to the value of second hand zcars now?
Can we get the original thread going re spare parts.
Wishbones, rose joints, brake parts etc. It would be nice to have a complete listing of the parts used for owners please

All the components they use for rose joints and discs and stuff like that are standard items. The joints you can just measure and find from numerous suppliers. The doner car that they used for brakes was a ford I seem to remember on the back, so it's not as much of a problem as you would think.

Shame they have had to call in the receivers. But I suspect they did have a limited market to address and one that was further reduced when you consider how much they charged.

#14 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

Z-Cars Online Auction Catalogue with photos:-

http://www.i-bidder....ue-id-ibgi10138

#15 minivan2007

minivan2007

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:22 PM

Any one else end up with a long watch list ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users