Photo
- - - - -

K1380 Twink, Smooth And Tucked Bay, Spit Rims With All The Nice Bits. (Work In Progress)

roundnose

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 Jayme 1275

Jayme 1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

Yes, force racing wheels 

#47 Cookiez

Cookiez

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

My Son has just ordered a set of Force Racing wheels for Ruby Two

#48 Jayme 1275

Jayme 1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:21 PM

What type has he ordered? 1 of my friends took delivery off his 10x7's today. 

#49 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

Autolifers-Jayme-Mini-100_zpsjyygobpm.jp

Interesting to see just how high the cam cover is. I guess I might have to go with a FG bonnet for mine. I was hoping to use the standard bonnet, trimmed and maybe lifted at the rear

#50 Jayme 1275

Jayme 1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

Autolifers-Jayme-Mini-100_zpsjyygobpm.jp

Interesting to see just how high the cam cover is. I guess I might have to go with a FG bonnet for mine. I was hoping to use the standard bonnet, trimmed and maybe lifted at the rear

The injection subframes seem to make it sit higher. I was hoping to do similar, glass/carbon bonnet lifted at the rear. Also been thinking of making some custom mounts and dropping it a bit. 

#51 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

The injection subframes seem to make it sit higher. I was hoping to do similar, glass/carbon bonnet lifted at the rear. Also been thinking of making some custom mounts and dropping it a bit. 

I guess i will try and trim the metal bonnet and raise it up, i hope it will be enough. 

#52 Cookiez

Cookiez

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:58 AM

Jayme 1275, on 18 Apr 2016 - 9:21 PM, said:

Cookiez, on 18 Apr 2016 - 2:20 PM, said:

What type has he ordered? 1 of my friends took delivery off his 10x7's today. 

He has ordered the V5's

10 x 5 with a light titanium finish

#53 Jayme 1275

Jayme 1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

Ordered this last week, mk1 grill and surround. may not be to everyones taste but im pretty happy with how this is all starting to look.

mini%20grill_zpsreevrvph.jpg

mini%20grill%202_zpssg94vn9j.jpg

should have more delivery's tomorrow and saying as ive sold my gti I will probably order my diff tonight.

Cheers
Jayme

#54 Jayme 1275

Jayme 1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

This arrived in the post yesterday, its a quaife atb diff. A friend of mine has this fitted to his 1340 mpi which is running around 100bhp and it totally transformed it from the previous x pin, so heres hoping it works as well on mine 

diff%201_zpsesug6qnn.jpeg

All being well there should be a few more parcels arriving this week with more performance orientated goodies. 

#55 James_eaton_thewholething

James_eaton_thewholething

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

I have an atb in my 205 gti made a huge difference and is very road friendly. Will probably fit one to my mini eventually

#56 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

I am seriously considering one of those. The torque steer in mine is quite a handful.

#57 Jayme 1275

Jayme 1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

I am seriously considering one of those. The torque steer in mine is quite a handful.

I was going to go x pin, but when i spoke to my mate he said that it was the best money he spent on his. 1 off the local autotest competitors also told me it transformed his car. Thats the reason i went down this route. 

What sort of spec twink you running? 

#58 James_eaton_thewholething

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

i would say only issue with the diffs are when its wet and the road is greasy definitely easy to induce understeer but its predictable. you can also get the power down a lot earlier out of corners. 205's have quite bad lift off oversteer and its calmed it down a lot. think the biggest benefit is it really is fit and forget.  just note one thing when you take it for its MOT don't let them do a brake test using the rollers it will 

1. damage their rollers

2. leave you with an expensive little pieces 

thats what the guy that does my 205's MOT's said after they fitted it so now it only gets driven to do a brake test.

guess it looks like I'm talking myself into buying one for the mini oops  :whistling:

#59 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:22 AM

They are good, I run them in two of my cars.
I don't see how they can have any effect on lift off oversteer though, that's purely chassis set-up related. The whole fact it is 'lift off' means you're not putting power through the driven wheels. What the diff may do is change the way you drive the corner so you don't lift off the same.
And I have no issue on the brake testers - it's still a largely open diff, not an LSD (which probably would be an issue).

#60 James_eaton_thewholething

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:51 AM

They are good, I run them in two of my cars.
I don't see how they can have any effect on lift off oversteer though, that's purely chassis set-up related. The whole fact it is 'lift off' means you're not putting power through the driven wheels. What the diff may do is change the way you drive the corner so you don't lift off the same.
And I have no issue on the brake testers - it's still a largely open diff, not an LSD (which probably would be an issue).

Only doing as I was told by the garage with the brake testers. With regards to the lift off that was what I was meant to explain it has defintely changed the way I drive the car I guess it means now I still keep a little throttle instead of none.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users