#31 jimmorris3

jimmorris3

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Local Club: sham minis

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

I really think some people need to wind their necks in a bit .

I've had a few issues but if you talk to Chris like you would want to be spoken to then he'll be a massive help.

He put his personal mobile up , I think that shows he wants to help us !!! Z cars needs to keep going otherwise the value of our cars will plummet !!!

I know there's big sums of money involved in some cases but Chris can't do a great deal about that

#32 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

I hope Zcars up and running soon

#33 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

I would like to point out, Chris, that in November 2014 when I ordered my kit you where the one replying to my emails with technical questions etc.

I ordered the kit to you, and you were signing the emails.

It would have been nice if you informed your customers about the change in ownership, especially if it happened in 2013.

I appreciate your help now that the company has gone bust, but you can't say its not your responsibility.

#34 Chris allanson

Chris allanson

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:59 PM

Andrea
You are assuming that I was answering your e mails because they were signed at the bottom by "chris"
Z cars performance office staff at that time consisted of Simon ,Steve , ant and chris THOMAS
Chris Thomas was a member of staff until about March time this year. He was the main person who answered sales enquiries on a day to day basis
The generic e mail of sales@z cars was answered by several of the staff who would sign off with their Christian names
I have not answered e mails for several years
On the odd occasion where I was asked a specific technical question I would start my reply by saying my full name and surname

During the period of 2011 to 2014 I was working all over the uk erecting and taking down wind monitoring masts for my other business
I was regularly setting off at four in the morning driving nine hours to Aberdeen for example and then erecting a mast that day, over the next few days myself and my team of staff would erect four more masts then drive home.
We were covering fifty thousand miles a year and working at least sixty hours a week and often more when the weather was good
My right hand man in that business Aaron was doing all the paperwork and we literally ran the business from our vehicle as we drove around
Running Z Cars used to take me around sixty hours a week when I was doing it
Weekends were very busy with me going into the garage at 0800 and not stopping all day, often doing ten or more demo drives and dealing with multiple customers both on a Saturday and a Sunday
There are plenty of you guys out there on the forum that will have witnessed this first hand if you have been for a demo a few yrs ago
I physically couldn't run z cars and do this very demanding job hence Simon taking it on and starting Z Cars Performance.
I know I'm a superstar but even I can't do two jobs

By the way your parcel is here packed and ready to go
They found a rear valance for you as well

I know Steve was sending e mails to you about it but he is no longer here to deal with the courier
I'm away myself several days this week
Contact me on my mobile if you can't get through to Steve or Simon and I will let you know which days it can be picked up
It's quite big about 1.5 m x 500mm x 500 mm.

Thanks

#35 Air2air

Air2air

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Owners of San Francisco

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

Was going to email this personally to Chris but don't have his email(!)

This is nothing but good news for you and for Zcars.   You now have a terrific opportunity you didn't have before to clean house and run it the way you should be running it.  Liquidations are a common scenario to come back much better than ever, just as you say with Aston.  And Bentley.

All your adventures are standard for business owners as I'm sure you know.  I'd like to see anybody else here give as much to the mini community as you have, while at the same time trying to stay in the black, keep food on the table and manage and pay employees.  Unlike anybody else here you've done all this, been through all the pain of seeing your business mismanaged, and as a result you know exactly what to do and where to take it now.  

On top of all the hell you've been through you have the character to come here and make frank admissions to the mini world that few others would have the stones to do.  

I've been a future Zcars customer for a few years now, but recently I had to lose a startup company myself - and it takes years off your life as you know.  I'm inspired by your coming over here to Santa Rosa and all you did to get that off the ground.  Have memorized every Crossedthread Youtube and am dying to unpack that crate.

I want a Monte Carlo for TSD events here, and don't want to have to worry about crashing as the Bad Obsession guys would, for instance.  Until I can be a customer of yours all I can do is work on possible liveries in Illustrator... ;D

12240479_10154402377255884_866039784503312265694_10154402377250884_256709778903812244553_10154402377240884_74158272240681921250_10154402377245884_57573480793432905731_10154402377340884_58720671360954012238260_10154402377345884_200280729194512232883_10154403779995884_3340155053046

Edited by Air2air, 15 November 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#36 gadget555

gadget555

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:02 AM

Nice Illustrations of past liveries.

#37 Chris allanson

Chris allanson

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:03 PM

Air to air
Thanks for that
It was 2010 when I was last in Santa Rosa
Happy times with Brian's v tec car and nicer weather than here at present
Maybe sometime I will get back over there again

#38 Chris allanson

Chris allanson

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

By the way are you a very sn
Mall guy or is that the biggest rabbit in the world !!!

#39 Air2air

Air2air

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Owners of San Francisco

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

Air to air
Thanks for that
It was 2010 when I was last in Santa Rosa
Happy times with Brian's v tec car and nicer weather than here at present
Maybe sometime I will get back over there again

Chris the comebacks are always the best - Because you know exactly what to do, are not weighted by debt, have everything you need to start freshly without any burdens from the past.  I understand Brian's in the Army, if you need it I look forward to helping you in the US at some point.   And the rabbit's a Flemish Giant, 28lbs.  Hey, it gets women...

Edited by Air2air, 16 November 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#40 Chris allanson

Chris allanson

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

Ok
I hadn't heard from him for a while has he still got the mini then?

What are you feeding that rabbit on , it's a monster
Ours over here are about two pounds wet through

#41 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

Chris,

I wish you all the best in re-arranging things and hope to see Z Cars come back to how things were and with you back at the helm I can't see why it won't . hopefully those with axes to grind will give you the opportunity to make good on the issues as you always have in the past.

If there is anything I can do to help then please do ask - just drop me a message and we can go from there.

David

WiredbyWilson.

#42 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

Best of luck to you Chris - decent and very talented bloke. It's been quite a few years since he built me a red mini and miss it still!

#43 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

I hope you start it again. I rekon if you gave a discount on the kits when/if you start up again, you would get a lot of sales.

#44 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:53 PM

Just thought I'd add my support for it to get back up and running. I've never really had any problems with them over the years a bit slow at getting stuff sent but other than that everything was ok. It does concern me about getting spare parts and the value of the cars if it doesn't continue. At least it's happened at this time of year when all the cars are hibernating. Hopefully all be sorted for the good weather next year if there's any.

#45 minala

minala

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

What a well designed and engineered product you have developed Chris, I bought the hayabusa mini frames, engine and dealt with Simon and Steve got to say they were both very helpful but unfortunately always seemed very busy but got on with them both really well. Met Chris in his workshop when I wanted to upgrade the old wiring loom to the new one and what a great genuine guy he is, he went out of his way to trade my old loom in and sorted me a great deal out to upgrade to the new loom, so if it helps I have every bit of faith this guy will restore Z Cars back to how it should be. Just finished building my Busa mini and got to say it's Awesome! Love driving it and what a head turner! And it's all down to the complete product i have bought from Z Cars 10/10!! Even the new wiring loom was close to plug and play!
Good luck in sorting things out Chris 👊

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)