16 replies to this topic

#1 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:27 PM

Hi I am trying to get my vtec started its running zcars loom dta s60 it's turning over it has spark but the injectors don't seam to be letting fuel in to the engine thus won't fire any ideas

#2 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:36 PM

As I crank the engine the live to the injectors goes I am not sure what's wrong

#3 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

The live goes from all the zcars relays when I crank the engine so I am now thinking it could be something to do with the mini side of the wiring live is there until I turn the ignition switch to crank then all live goes

#4 CoenZ

CoenZ

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:39 AM

For trial and error purposes could you wire the ingnition switch to only the engine loom? Doesnt the ECU switch to ground for the injectors?

#5 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Yeah it does send an earth to the injectors I have got one of the lads who worked at zcars coming round to have a look next Tuesday hopefully he will be able to sort it for me because I haven't got the foggiest idea when it comes to wiring

#6 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

Sounds like you have a live to relays when the key is in run position but when you turn the key to the start position you lose the power to relays, I would try a permanent live to the relay pack and see if it will start, if yes then you know you need to supply 12v to the relays from the start position as well as run position

Edit: this is only my opinion from what you have said, I haven't the knowledge about the Honda injection system specifically so that may not be correct for your car

Edited by Alex_B, 15 December 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#7 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

I have sorted the live to relay issue but it still won't run I thought it was sparking but all it does is the pre spark when I turn ign on but doesn't spark when it's spinning over I think there's an issue in the dta

#8 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

Got the car running now the map wires were the wrong way round now for the next issue it now runs for about 5 seconds then cuts out when reved up it misses then a plume of black smoke then cuts out sometimes it will start and tick over but as soon as I touch the throttle it stalls the injectors are clicking quite loud I am not sure if there knackered the engine hasn't been run since 2012 so I am going to have the injectors tested tomorrow see what's going on with them and change the plugs as they are black it has all the telltale signs of overfueling but they will normally keep running on reves but mine still cuts out whether the throttle is open or closed so I have hit yet another wall with the zcars mini :(

#9 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

Might I suggest you also double check the connections to your MAP - MAF - IAT  - TPS sensors and also the IACV.

My IAT was missing and it would run like a B45t4rd, coughing n spluttering then eventually dying.

Anything's worth a try right now. Good luck.

#10 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

Chears mate I had a lad from zcars come round and plug it in to laptop he said everything electrical is as it should be I also have the iat is also missing on mine not sure on part numbers tho I have rang honda and they don't seem to know what it is

#11 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

Get the IAT for it and then try it, it was a night and day difference on mine. I guess the only difference is I am using a Hondata ECU??

IAT can be found here: http://japservicepar...electrical.html

Edited by cptkirk, 24 December 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#12 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

I think the injectors are shouting down before it cuts out it is overfueling like mad when it starts it misses a bit then comes on song plume of black smoke and shuts down I have had someone round to look at the ecu side of things and he said everything is OK what else would cause overfueling and the injectors cutting out I am waiting on delivery of the iat sensor but I am throwing money at it like it's going out of fashion and still not running any help would be appreciated

#13 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Finally got the little mini running properly today ap Andy at ap race engines had it on his rolling road we went all through the ecu found nothing then we realised the injection was on the sequential setting for throttle bodies mine is on standard fuel rail so it now runs just need to get a lambda soket welded in the exhaust system and take it back for a good session on the rolling road.

#14 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:54 PM

That's good to hear.....I bet you're feeling a whole let better about the project now.....

#15 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

Yes mate had a little drive aswell:) only a slow 1 as the brakes are not the best it felt good after 3 years building it i didn't realise that the gears were all the wrong way round on these ie 1st where 2nd is 4th where 3rd is is this how they are or have I done something wrong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users