Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Hey guys,

Currently doing a build,

Question has anyone fitting a wilwood box to a none race frame as i only have the road one,

If so how did you do it?

Or any thoughts on the Kad pedal box?

Does this run with standard pedal arrangement 

Cheers Ben

#2 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

I am running 1 on a race frame and it's been a nightmare so good luck I am nearly finished with my car so if you need any images of how they sit or if you need any bits I have spent ages finding the company's that zcars delt with so may be able to help

#3 BLING BLING WHEELZ

BLING BLING WHEELZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

Could you post the company details/ webesite that you delt with thanks

#4 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:51 PM

Gear cables and throttle cable are from a company called cable tec they have branches in Liverpool and Mansfield speak to dave at Mansfield he was very helpful

Braided brake pipes are from a company called exact engineering you will need to measure the size you need ect speak to James he is very helpful and knows everything there is to know about brake pipes

There's a couple of lads who worked for zcars that have started there own garages up I used a bloke called Andy I think it's spunkeys spanners or something like that the was very helpful he built the minis at zcars for a fue years got a lot of knowledge on them I think he's more on the wiring and electrical side of things but may be able to help with other stuff

#5 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:08 PM

I am running 1 on a race frame and it's been a nightmare so good luck I am nearly finished with my car so if you need any images of how they sit or if you need any bits I have spent ages finding the company's that zcars delt with so may be able to help

Its completely different on the non race spec as there are no mounting points like on the race spec.

Ill have to give Kad a ring and see what they say, make sure you're running .75 master cylinders on them though as the .65 i think aren't substantial enough 

#6 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

I am running the 75s the pedal still doesn't feel that good still I haven't managed to get the motor running good enough yet to test them

#7 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

I am running the 75s the pedal still doesn't feel that good still I haven't managed to get the motor running good enough yet to test them

Check its bled properly if its spongey its likely it isn't, are you using correct brake fluid etc

#8 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:01 PM

I spent quite a while bleeding them up I am using dot 4 is there a better alternative fluid

#9 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

I spent quite a while bleeding them up I am using dot 4 is there a better alternative fluid

Depends whats recommended mate, different can blow seals you can get 5.1 which is a finer grade but I'm not sure on its effect on seals if you're running wilwood callipers message rally design as that is where they get them from

Edited by Bennyboybusa, 29 December 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#10 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

Thanks mate

#11 pkmeb

pkmeb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

I'm running one on a non race spec frame and can provide details. To add the pedal box I had to use the z cars steering column with a z cars cross support. After I bought these I made some other changes and changed the entire set up so now have the steering column and the cross bar as spares. These on there own with a little modification to add the two tabs that the pedal box mounts to would be a good start. I can provide photos if you like...

#12 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

I'm running one on a non race spec frame and can provide details. To add the pedal box I had to use the z cars steering column with a z cars cross support. After I bought these I made some other changes and changed the entire set up so now have the steering column and the cross bar as spares. These on there own with a little modification to add the two tabs that the pedal box mounts to would be a good start. I can provide photos if you like...

If you could please mate that would be ace i may even have the column and other bits off you pm me if you would

#13 pkmeb

pkmeb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

I,ve PM'd you as posting photos is a skill I've yet to gain...after looking at the cross bar it would be really easy to attach two tabs for the pedal box mounts to attach to as it's exactly the same as the race spec cross bar in all respects other than it mounts to the A pillar rather than the tube that links the A pillar to the sub frame top mount, the photos make it really clear. The other end of the pedal box mounts could then be bolted to the bulkhead.

#14 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

I've replied mate thank you. Could you send the photo of the parts you have too

#15 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

Also interested in photos,

agree photos are a nightmare. just posted that topic to admin, with a frostey response. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users