11 replies to this topic

#1 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:24 PM

Happy new year people I hope to be more active with the cars this year rather than them sitting in the garage.

First issue of the year hayabusa is totally fine when cold after driving it for 20-30mins it's very very tight to change gears, pull over let it cool down for 5mins it's fine for another 10min then tight again. I have replaced the friction plates, the old ones looked fine as well. Also last time it done it I took the cable off and that's moving fine so I'm pritty sure its a gear box issue but now it's probably getting out with my capabilities. Any ideas?

Thanks David

#2 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

Sure the cable isn't binding whilst moving? 

#3 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

the spline at the engine end can move with my hand when it's cold but not when it's hot which makes me think it's an enteral issue. I've had the cable off and it looks and moves fine there is no sign of any rubbing. If Replace the cable just in case where would I get another one now z cars is closed?

Cheers

#4 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

I have a spare cable not sure if it's for a busa it came wrong for my vtec if you want to measure yours and let me know it may be OK for you if not then a company called cable tec did all the gear cables for zcars speak to dave at Mansfield he was very helpful I think they are about £75 each

#5 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for that I'll get back to you.

Cheers David

#6 Bennyboybusa

Bennyboybusa

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

the spline at the engine end can move with my hand when it's cold but not when it's hot which makes me think it's an enteral issue. I've had the cable off and it looks and moves fine there is no sign of any rubbing. If Replace the cable just in case where would I get another one now z cars is closed?

Cheers

Is there a bend in the cable at all?

#7 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

A gradual bend from under the car to the engine, about 150mm over 400mm

#8 pkmeb

pkmeb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

I wonder if the clutch is dragging when hot, I had a similar problem of a car gear change "tightening" when hot due to the wrong gearbox oil. Does it change gear ok when hot without the motor running, clutch dragging?

#9 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

Once it's turned of it's still very tight for 5mins

#10 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Just to bring this to a close....... It was the cable, I was convinced it wasn't but changed it any way to eliminate it before taking the engine out! Just been out for a lengthy drive it's amazing the smile such a small car can bring, a gril in an m3 convertible was saying to her bf at the traffic lights [ why would you waste your money on mr beans car ] in the lane next to me, I over heard it just…… Now she will be asking why mr beans car just destroyed an m3

#11 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

Just to bring this to a close....... It was the cable, I was convinced it wasn't but changed it any way to eliminate it before taking the engine out! Just been out for a lengthy drive it's amazing the smile such a small car can bring, a gril in an m3 convertible was saying to her bf at the traffic lights [ why would you waste your money on mr beans car ] in the lane next to me, I over heard it just…… Now she will be asking why mr beans car just destroyed an m3

Nice one, glad you have sorted out your issue,
So will you be joining the other Mr Bean's in May for the Thistle Run?

#12 DavidLamb

DavidLamb

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

Yes I'll be there. Please no rain or the 998ccs will overtake me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users