21 replies to this topic

#1 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

I am in need of assistance for my zcar vtec mini and not sure where to go, please help.
The rotors on my front wilwood brake kit are worn, does anyone know where to source replacements?
My rear rotors are worn, not sure which car this is from? Its approx 2009 frame.
Does anyone where these arches are sourced from, I need wider to go with 13 x 9 rear wheels?

Attached Files

#2 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

Arches would of been made by them.

I would get the extra wide miglia arches. I think thye would cover depending on offset.

Discs, i can't help. I'm sure they would not of made them, they'd be off a normal road car, try a motor factor.

#3 cubby1701

cubby1701

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Local Club: causeway coast mini club

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

measure the diameter of the disc's and you could possibly get them from a motorfactors

#4 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

I am in need of assistance for my zcar vtec mini and not sure where to go, please help.
The rotors on my front wilwood brake kit are worn, does anyone know where to source replacements?
My rear rotors are worn, not sure which car this is from? Its approx 2009 frame.
Does anyone where these arches are sourced from, I need wider to go with 13 x 9 rear wheels?

You wont be able to get them at a motor factors as they arent standard discs.

You will need to get one off and measure it up and then initially I'd start by looking here (check the website in the link to found what dims you need)

: http://www.rallydesi...3c1dmhrttm12kl2

Matching the PCD of the hub to the rotor might be the hardest part, it might not and they may just fit straight to them. I haven't looked hard enough to know.

Might I ask that if you do manage to source some, that you post to let us know where we can find them.

Edited by cptkirk, 12 January 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#5 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

Try here as well:  http://www.demon-twe...-330mm-diameter

#6 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

Good morning all, I have gone through all the receipts in Johns build folder and found a Zcars receipt for BIG BREAK DISC LH AND RH it has a ref No VBE103 this is not Zcars ref No, and when you search for this No up comes MOTAQUIP VBE 103

This was from a receipt dated 16/1/09

Cross Interchange Parts

Factory Number DELPHI BG3359 VALEO 186560 OPTIMAL BS-5750 FIRST LINE FBD1073 COMLINE ADC1206V BORG & BECK BBD4120

Hope this helps

Don

#7 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

Mmm they probably used off the shelf parts modified to accept the alu bells?

Those VBE103 are Ford one-piece vented discs....and they will not fit our big brake kits.

Edited by andream88, 12 January 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#8 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

Here's another possible source:  http://www.burtonpow...scs-racing.html

#9 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

I remembered that some time ago I'd modeled a Powerlite Caliper and pads from information from the Wilwood website. I just checked and the max thickness of disc I'd look for is 21mm unless it can be proved that original discs are thicker.

Screen shot shows gap between pads as 22.5mm

Wilwood%20Powerlite%20Caliper%20Gap%20Be

#10 markholland13

markholland13

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:09 AM

KAD make a big brake kit which uses the same bells as zcars. You can buy brake discs from them as that's what I have on mine at the moment, the only issue you might have will be that the disc has a slightly larger diameter. I turned up some small spacers for between the calliper bracket and the wilwood calliper.

#11 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:38 AM

KAD make a big brake kit which uses the same bells as zcars. You can buy brake discs from them as that's what I have on mine at the moment, the only issue you might have will be that the disc has a slightly larger diameter. I turned up some small spacers for between the calliper bracket and the wilwood calliper.

Good info there, thanks.

#12 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:15 AM

However my mechanic suggests that the rotors and bells are completely different. Just awaiting dimensions and pictures and will post findings....

#13 markholland13

markholland13

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

Zcars used a 260mm ford disc that was machined and drilled to fit the KAD mounting bell. The KAD rotors are 265mm so with a spacer they will work. Also you'll struggle to find (small) 260mm rotors anywhere that will fit the PCD of the KAD bell as it is unique to them. Send them an email, they were really helpful to me.

#14 Mini BUSA

Mini BUSA

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

I believe the front to be ford seria disc, and the back to be from a MX5 both drilled out to a mini PCD of 101.6

#15 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:31 AM

I believe the front to be ford seria disc, and the back to be from a MX5 both drilled out to a mini PCD of 101.6

Rear disc is plain, 216mm diameter, 9mm thick, 25mm step from disc face to hub face therefore 34mm high overall. Almost certainly 4x100 PCD so not convinced they were from mx5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users